Some people

Tom-D

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
Tom-D
I just won't deal with.
This morning I get a call, " can you come out to OKH and help me with my Aircraft?"
Sure I'll be right there.
As I get out of my jeep, this woman starts screaming at me about F--ing A&Ps and why can't they fix sh-- right.
I simply got back in the jeep and left.

I completely understand how you felt, and I have felt the same way many times,

but . . .

Some of my best clients were clients that came in with a chip on their shoulder because they were let down by their previous veterinary clinic. We tried to tolerate them as much as possible for their animals sake, and we did the best we could. Once they saw that we were competent and honest, their attitudes often changed radically (even though we were quite a bit more expensive).

Smart move. If she talks like this when she first met you, its likely to only get worse later on.

She probably either misreptesents what she wants to pay for - or has selective hearing when she is cautioned about potential issues.

Sure as ****e she would have found something to blame/complain about your work as well.

In any case why take the chance on dealing with a disgruntled attitude if you dont have too? Lifes too short - unless you really need the money.

I just won't deal with.
This morning I get a call, " can you come out to OKH and help me with my Aircraft?"
Sure I'll be right there.
As I get out of my jeep, this woman starts screaming at me about F--ing A&Ps and why can't they fix sh-- right.
I simply got back in the jeep and left.

The next question is was she associated with the plane you were there to work on or another plane.

Neither of you are big on Caller ID? Could have saved a drive. hehehehehehehehhehehehe

The next question is was she associated with the plane you were there to work on or another plane.
OKH is a very small airport every one knows every one. She wasn't anyone I knew.

Neither of you are big on Caller ID? Could have saved a drive. hehehehehehehehhehehehe
I help quite a few transit pilots, I don't know most of them.

Too bad you don't have any dash cam footage to share.

I just installed one in my truck a month ago, haven't had anything worthy of internet ridicule since. Although, I set mine NOT to record audio in case I say something I shouldn't have.

I know all about crappy customers, boats have them, too. Had one break into my shop, not really B&E as it was unlocked while I was next door, and started installing the coils on his boat that I told him he needed. He paid my bill by panhandling on a street corner.

Just so every one knows, I do not know who she was.

Back