Don’t forget to turn your clocks ahead tonight

I made it to :19 before wanting to shoot myself in the face. still wondering why I clicked on it knowing it was celine. maybe I was hoping to get rick rolled, but NOOOOOOOOOOooooooo……...
ROFLMAO!

We don’t do DST in Europe for another 3 weeks. So now I have to remember that corporate is only 6 hours behind instead of 7.

I can't believe no one is complaining about the latest change to DST and how it is making their entire life miserable because of (insert complaint here)....

Unless I missed whatever the current complaint of the day is.

You guys are letting me down here.....:lol::lol:

Yay! It's Seven thirty pm and the sun is still up!

No complaints here. I'm sure tomorrow morning there will be the annual innocent child carnage caused by darkness and school buses...

I have lived in countries with no daylight time and waking up with the sun at 0400hrs sucks!

I can't believe no one is complaining about the latest change to DST and how it is making their entire life miserable because of (insert complaint here)....

Unless I missed whatever the current complaint of the day is.

You guys are letting me down here.....:lol::lol:

Ok. Here’s a complaint. I live in AZ which sensibly does not observe DST at the state level. There is of course the daylight savings doughnut, but that is a different subject.

This means I have to shift the times of all my weekly meetings with collaborators in other time zones. Ugh.

Ok. Here’s a complaint. I live in AZ which sensibly
emoji846.png
does not observe DST at the state level. There is of course the daylight savings doughnut, but that is a different subject.

This means I have to shift the times of all my weekly meetings with collaborators in other time zones. Ugh.

Thank you.!!!! I'll sleep better tonight.!! :lol::lol:

Ok. Here’s a complaint. I live in AZ which sensibly does not observe DST at the state level. There is of course the daylight savings doughnut, but that is a different subject.

I've always said we in AZ have it worst. The effect of DST actually is noticable here. Sure we don't observe DST but now your flight, tv show or meeting in another timezone is an hour different.

Here's a guy who decided to have some fun with time ...

The passenger steamer SS Warrimoo was quietly knifing its way through the waters of the mid-Pacific on its way from Vancouver to Australia. The navigator had just finished working out a star fix and brought Captain John DS. Phillips, the result. The Warrimoo’s position was LAT 0º 31′ N and LONG 179 30′ W. The date was 31 December 1899. “Know what this means?” First Mate Payton broke in, “We’re only a few miles from the intersection of the Equator and the International Date Line”. Captain Phillips was prankish enough to take full advantage of the opportunity for achieving the navigational freak of a lifetime.

He called his navigators to the bridge to check & double check the ship’s position. He changed course slightly so as to bear directly on his mark. Then he adjusted the engine speed.

The calm weather & clear night worked in his favor. At mid-night the SS Warrimoo lay on the Equator at exactly the point where it crossed the International Date Line! The consequences of this bizarre position were many:

The forward part (bow) of the ship was in the Southern Hemisphere & in the middle of summer.
The rear (stern) was in the Northern Hemisphere & in the middle of winter.
The date in the aft part of the ship was 31 December 1899.
In the bow (forward) part it was 1 January 1900.

This ship was therefore not only in:
Two different days,
Two different months,
Two different years,
Two different seasons
But in two different centuries – all at the same time!

FL has been trying to lock in DST permanently. I hope we get it some day. I'd be happy to just pick either...but I do agree DST would be better.
I personally think this whole time change mess is a great example of politicians meddling in something they have no business messing with... resulting in a law creating a solution that is in search of a problem.

Here's a guy who decided to have some fun with time ...

The passenger steamer SS Warrimoo was quietly knifing its way through the waters of the mid-Pacific on its way from Vancouver to Australia. The navigator had just finished working out a star fix and brought Captain John DS. Phillips, the result. The Warrimoo’s position was LAT 0º 31′ N and LONG 179 30′ W. The date was 31 December 1899. “Know what this means?” First Mate Payton broke in, “We’re only a few miles from the intersection of the Equator and the International Date Line”. Captain Phillips was prankish enough to take full advantage of the opportunity for achieving the navigational freak of a lifetime.

He called his navigators to the bridge to check & double check the ship’s position. He changed course slightly so as to bear directly on his mark. Then he adjusted the engine speed.

The calm weather & clear night worked in his favor. At mid-night the SS Warrimoo lay on the Equator at exactly the point where it crossed the International Date Line! The consequences of this bizarre position were many:

The forward part (bow) of the ship was in the Southern Hemisphere & in the middle of summer.
The rear (stern) was in the Northern Hemisphere & in the middle of winter.
The date in the aft part of the ship was 31 December 1899.
In the bow (forward) part it was 1 January 1900.

This ship was therefore not only in:
Two different days,
Two different months,
Two different years,
Two different seasons
But in two different centuries – all at the same time!
But the century starts in 1901......

the only benefit to this whole stupid time change is that my truck and jeep radios display the correct time again ... :D

I have been looking for this article on and off for years, because it was so hilarious. Can’t find it.

It was in the newspaper... a story written by a woman about her elderly father. He decided that changing the clocks by a full hour was too much for him, he preferred to change them 15 minutes each day for four days at a time. Ok, a plausible plan until dementia is factored in. That is four opportunities to set the clocks forward/back, to forget to do it, etc. For three weeks this guy didn’t have a clue what the right time was. The story loses a lot in my telling, sorry. You can imagine what a good writer could do with this plot!

Happy DST, most of you!

-Skip

Back