Votes: 7 14.0%

• Total voters

AirplanepilotJJ

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Airplanepilot501
Greetings airmen,

Has anyone heard of this documentary movie, One Six Right? I've seen it and I think it was a fantastic movie. :popcorn:
4c19662200505.562d72fd56062.png

Own both One Six Right and One Six Left.

How much do you charge for landing fees? :D

I too did not not there was a One Six Left. I caught One Six Right when it was free on Hulu. I thought it was Hi Def but it's been a while.

Is there a Hi Def version of One Six Left? Is it on any of the streaming platforms?

I believe 16R has been re-released on Blu-Ray fairly recently, but not 16L. 16L is largely some miscellaneous (but very worthwhile) segments that didn't make it into the final cut of the feature film; a montage of some of the best shots edited to the film's score; and an interesting "The Making of" featurette.

I believe 16R has been re-released on Blu-Ray fairly recently, but not 16L. 16L is largely some miscellaneous (but very worthwhile) segments that didn't make it into the final cut of the feature film; a montage of some of the best shots edited to the film's score; and an interesting "The Making of" featurette.
There was a blurb on the 16L DVD description on Amazon that the 16L content is included on the 16R Bluray edition.

Yes, the 16R anniversary Blu-ray version has all the 16L content along with additional content that wasn’t in the original 16R/L.

I attempted to watch it. I fell asleep 3 times trying to make it through. Never subjected myself to it a second time, and it just sits in my DVD collection collecting dust.

I had to chuckle when they interviewed Si Robin, the VP of Sensor Systems. I was the VP of Sensor Systems at the time. I kind of knew who he was because every once and a while someone sends us a PO or a RFQ for a GPS antenna and we weren't in that business. I own sensor.com, but they are sensorantennas.com. I finally met him at one of the Smithsonian heavy hitters dinners at Oshkosh.

I wanted to like16R, and there were some good scenes, but overall I found it to be pretty boring.

I recognize Van Nuys airport. It used to be too busy to bother landing there. Thanks to meddling city council Nazis, it is not as busy today...

Saw it and liked it but it certainly won't entertain anyone that isn't into airplanes. I doubt it made any non-pilots take up flying. For those already in the fold it had some great photography that was planning enough. As a "documentary" about an airport the storyline was pretty dry. It certainly want influential enough to stop the city from killing the airport for other development purposes.

I've seen it dozens of times. Great documentary that just puts me in a good mood. The first time I flew into VNY (after moving to the west coast) felt like a really special moment because of 16R...

Back