Freedom Field, Deming New Mexico

TREE_SURFER

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Tree_Surfer
My private field, Freedom Field, Deming New Mexico is an ultralight and light-sport friendly air field. Campers are welcome with prior notice (call ahead for permission) Currently we do not have hookups or a dump station, so it is a good idea to be self contained if you want to stay a while.

Pilots may drop in any time. A courtesy call is appreciated.

We are located just 2 miles east of the Florida mountains GPS 32.1141412,-107.502838 4258' ASL
The Florida range high-point is Florida Peak, 7,295' ASL

Our runways are packed earth and relatively flat and clean. Be aware of wildlife and cows.
Our 36 is 600' wide x 1500' long with no obstructions beyond the runway for two miles. Our 27 is 100' wide x 1500' long and faces the Florida range two miles away. Ground obstructions are only short dessert shrubs until you hit the mountains. Flying into the mountains is not advised.

Contact Number For Freedom Field (505)-236-4159
Edit 11-19-20 to update phone number.

Last edited:
Wow, 1,500 at 7,300msl. Probably don't see to many Cirruses popping in :)

Wow, 1,500 at 7,300msl. Probably don't see to many Cirruses popping in :)
I Think you may have misread. The Field is at 4258 ASL it's the nearby mountain range that is at 7300'. Being a short packed earth field makes it more suitably for aircraft with short field capabilities. I fly powered paragliders that even with my 300 lb weight only require a couple hundred feet for take off roll and can land in just a few feet. I can take off or land in any direction on my 36. Thanks 4 the comment.

Back