Cherokee Archer tug

Archer Jack

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Jack
Can anyone recommend an inexpensive lightweight tug to take a PA28 in and out of the hangar? They all seem to be designed for Cessna rather than the Cherokee 2 hole hookup. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

There’s an adapter for th cherokee. Fits in the front wheel prongs (two little holes) then thetug thinks its a cessna. You can make your own if handy with a welding rig.

Last edited:
1200px-London_broil.jpg

And

orig_weights1.jpg

With my Warrior I just pushed it back in. With my heavier Commander I can push it back solo with a good amount of effort, as long as the area isn’t icy or snow covered. If I have a flying companion, easy with them adding push to the wing.

I have a gas tug that works fine, may require some starting fluid if it’s been sitting a while. Today I took an aviation enthusiast flying, helped with the pushback.

I like the idea of an electric tug, when required.

It’s like a self medical

Best Tugs Alpha.... BestTugs.com They really are the Best ones out there.... made just down the road from where I work... great engineering, and 100% U.S. made..

There is a tug up on Beechtalk right now, pick up only on Los Angeles area for $650. Smoking deal,if you are close.

Best Tugs Alpha.... BestTugs.com They really are the Best ones out there.... made just down the road from where I work... great engineering, and 100% U.S. made..

and for a mere $4,000+ you can own one too!

seriously, for 1/3rd the price I'd get the sidewinder. besttugs look pretty sweet but man that is overkill and overpriced.

and for a mere $4,000+ you can own one too!

seriously, for 1/3rd the price I'd get the sidewinder. besttugs look pretty sweet but man that is overkill and overpriced.

I use this guy named Bill to move the plane in and out of the hangar. He works cheap.

The transaxle in some of those looks identical to the one in my Pride Mobility Revo scooter, which I use for a tug.

I will be welding on some steel and building a different axle assembly to re-gear it tho, in effort to increase usability n heavier aircraft, and turning knobby tires.

I use this guy named Bill to move the plane in and out of the hangar. He works cheap.

How's his back doing these days? Heard he is a poster boy for Advil and side hustles for Icy Hot.

I’d say if you can’t pull it in, get a classy tug

1946farmallsupermfromm.jpg

I love it!
I drove an airplane tug growing up on our ranch? Dad started with a worn out 'M' and upgraded it to a Super M tractor. We baled with it, plowed, pulled trailers of hay, and even had a front scoop for it.
We even pulled a Christmas tree planter with it. Even though Dad worked at Boeing and Cessna in Wichita while I was growing up, using the tractor as an airplane tug never crossed anyone's mind!

I don’t use tugs for my plane, but if I did it would be a awesome excuse to restore a old tractor

For an Archer I'm sure any cheap riding lawn mower you find for sale somewhere would work. Find one with the actual mower deck rusted out or something and make the guy an offer to "take it off his hands." Nowhere near an AMU.

Back