What's "good moral character"?

So not taking the shopping cart back to the corral (but leaving it in the parking lot instead) is an indicator of bad moral character?

Affirmative. Unless you did it to maintain the Cart Manager’s employment, at which point your failure to exercise the common decency of putting the cart in said corral did not help secure his or her job; rather, it made his/her job more difficult and caused him/her inconvenience, wasted time/payroll, thereby inflating store operating costs, which were in turn passed on to your neighbors. I hope it felt good, you bad character.

Affirmative. Unless you did it to maintain the Cart Manager’s employment, at which point your failure to exercise the common decency of putting the cart in said corral did not help secure his or her job; rather, it made his/her job more difficult and caused him/her inconvenience, wasted time/payroll, thereby inflating store operating costs, which were in turn passed on to your neighbors. I hope it felt good, you bad character.
Nah, moral codes vary, place to place, sub-culture to sub-culture. You park in a handicapped space, using your spouse's pass? My code says you're a low life sleazeball. People that do it think it's OK, cause the car has the tag/pass

3a1a320ac03c52dede1c00193d080a13.png

Nah, moral codes vary, place to place, sub-culture to sub-culture. You park in a handicapped space, using your spouse's pass? My code says you're a low life sleazeball. People that do it think it's OK, cause the car has the tag/pass

I think some places actually have code that says the person that requires the handicapped plate or sticker must be in the car for it to be in a handicapped spot, spouse or not.

I think some places actually have code that says the person that requires the handicapped plate or sticker must be in the car for it to be in a handicapped spot, spouse or not.

And they can’t ask you if you’re handicapped or what your handicap is, legally. :)

“That’s none of your business.”

See: “Service” dogs. :)

If their database doesn’t keep the name of the person the tag was issued to, they’re out of luck.

(And no, I don’t park with someone else’s tag in a handicapped spot, I just think the contradictions built into the laws that could have been written such that they have none, are funny as hell. Lawyers spend HOW much to go to law school, and still can’t seem to write a flow chart and avoid unintended consequences when they have a staff of twenty law interns writing bills to turn into law? Or maybe... it’s just making sure the other lawyers have work like that guy who leaves the shopping carts for the cart wrangler so he always has a job?) :)

Definitely true here. You're supposed to carry the documentation that comes with the placard, stating who it is for. I know someone who was checked.

Back