Aircam Crash Galt IL

Mtns2Skies

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Mtns2Skies
Aircam crashed. 2 Pax, One unharmed, the pilot airlifted out with non-life threatening injuries.

I was flying in the area when I heard the medevac helicopter fly into and out of Galt and they had the airport closed for a couple hours. It was during a fly-in at the airport.

http://www.nwherald.com/2018/06/16/fox-lake-pilot-injured-in-plane-crash-at-galt-airport/ax531yn/

From the comments of the news article:

"It was a lovely morning at Galt. We had breakfast at the bandstand and proceeded to the runway. We watched the young girl buckle in and then the pilot get himself in. They proceeded to the end of the runway and turned around. The plane lifted up about 3/4 of the way down and we saw the right wing drop or the plane banked shortly after take off and then it crashed in a grassy area. It was surreal. My husband ran to the plane with others and the girl was pretty shook up understandibly and the pilot had cuts, bruises and an ankle injury. Glad they will be okay!"

Probably not a great introduction to aviation if this was her first flight; so glad they'll be okay though.

Galt (10C), Wonder Lake, IL. Started my PPL there, work moved me 2 times in 11/2 years. Finally got my PPL in Spearfish, SD. When I started PPL the instructor told me if you can land here you can land anywhere. I think the rwy was 25ft wide, 25 years ago. Sorry to here about the accident, glad the folks will be OK.
Df1RCuUX0AUMWHz.jpg

Back