What plants crave?

James331

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
James331

All jokes aside, I have some large pine trees and large willows around my place that I'd like to keep healthy, I've seen some vitimin/calcium/anti bug spike things you can put into the tree like a little nail, I've seen sprays, so what's the best way to keep large pines and willows happy?

Thanks!

Photo of some of my pines

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Chop 'em down before Pine Beetles get 'em!

I don't want to live in a parking lot :)

Up here it's the ash beatle and I don't have any ash trees

Last edited:
Them there's white pines. Mostly they eat small children and chipmunks. Otherwise, they really like sandy soil and being away from other deciduous trees that pull nutrients from their environment. White pines have pretty extensive root networks and can usually fend for themselves. Once they mature they will start to let their lower limbs die off, so they look nicer when they're near homes if you keep the deadwood culled off. As for willows, I've heard they love septic tanks. Not sure if it's true or not, but everyone swears it around here.

Willows seek a water source is what I've always heard and the reason it's roots seek a septic tank.

As for willows, I've heard they love septic tanks. Not sure if it's true or not, but everyone swears it around here.

I grew up in Alabama, in a home that had a willow tree in the back yard. Almost every summer, my parents would have to get a plumber out to rooter out the sewer line in the back yard, because it was made out of some type of clay and the willow tree roots kept cracking it and getting in there.

My Dad finally got fed up with it, and chopped the tree down one year. Mom wasn't too happy, but at least no more cracked and root-infested sewer line.

So yeah, from what I remember, willow tree roots will go after a source of water like a sewer line or septic tank.

My level of love for trees: (passengering, while reading POA)

(sorry OP for lack of helpfulness - it’s a POA tradition!).

808586E3-58C3-4ECA-AA26-12211B9F28FE.jpeg :

Willows seek a water source is what I've always heard and the reason it's roots seek a septic tank.

There right on the river, so they're all good on water lol

So no need for any nutrients or anything?

Of course you need to feed your trees nutrients. You don’t think all the forests grew without humans feeding them do you?!

:D

I think they well on their own, especially if they're mature trees. Maybe a cup of 10-10-10 fertilizer around the trees drip line in the spring.

Back