What is this? Arrow 3

genna

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
ТУ-104
What’s this in pa28r? Looks like something to do with gear, but poh doesn’t say anything about it. It’s at the center below the panel.

Attachments

• FB4FEBFF-18F5-41E9-A9E5-415B5FE12B80.jpeg
    FB4FEBFF-18F5-41E9-A9E5-415B5FE12B80.jpeg
    275.1 KB · Views: 162
Are you talking about the rudder trim?

Has anyone said rudder trim yet? Cause that's what it is...rudder trim. I bet I was the only one who knowed it.

rudder trim

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I thought it was a little too soon for a "it holds the wing on" joke

rudder trim

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I thought it was a little too soon for a "it holds the wing on" joke

Yeah you might have it! It's a wing disconnect knobber sumptin for when you want to disconnect the wing.

Rudd...............ah.........never mind, I think you got it by now. :)

Last edited:
The L<---> R makes it obvious enough, but the symbology with the oval cutout mystifies me.

Well that makes sense! Doh! This was killing me!!!! For some reason “nose” L R meant gear to me.

Thank you all.

Rudder Trim
Nice to have during the climb in heavy singles like Lance

It is the rudder trim (in the finest POA tradition). You can use it to relieve rudder control pressure or you can ignore it. I like to use it during climb and then retrim for cruise. If it’s on autopilot and flying one wing high while straight-n-levelish then center the ball and trim.

The L<---> R makes it obvious enough, but the symbology with the oval cutout mystifies me.

Inside the oval cutout is a circular metal piece like a washer, with the edge of the washer painted white.

As you trim, the washer moves fore-and-aft, giving the pilot a way to gauge how much trim has been dialed in. The white straight marks provide a reference for the white washer edge, again so the pilot can see how much trim has been dialed in.

-Skip

It is the rudder trim (in the finest POA tradition). You can use it to relieve rudder control pressure or you can ignore it. I like to use it during climb and then retrim for cruise. If it’s on autopilot and flying one wing high while straight-n-levelish then center the ball and trim.
You forgot to mention, that twisting the knob to the right will relieve right rudder pressure and likewise on the left. It serves no purpose if one doesn't know how to use it.

Chemtrail release knob. Sheesh. Quit posting these photos people. We can’t keep a secret to save our butts! :)

You forgot to mention, that twisting the knob to the right will relieve right rudder pressure and likewise on the left. It serves no purpose if one doesn't know how to use it.
You prolly aspire to write exam questions for the FAA.

It’s a fancy way to keep the little white ball on the bottom of your turn coordinator in the center.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No... no no no.. It is the track bar adjuster... so the plane will track the centerline when taxing...

If you say "trim" @mscard88 will put boobie pics in your thread.

Actually we used to do that at the uh, place I used to work at. Under strategic things in the cockpit, like escape rope compartment, under the yoke cap, etc.

Flight school has a 140 and Arrow, hmmm.....

Back