1946 Cessna 140 1358 TT
Continental C-85 1199 SMOH
Narco 810 Comm / Narco AT150 Transponder
Sigtronics SPA-400 Intercom
Leather Interior / Shoulder Straps
All logs back to new.
Annual 1/18/18
Compression 78/78/78/78

Beautiful polished plane that gets attention everywhere I go. Been fun, but I need something that will be a better air-to-air photo plane.

You can see a lot of photos HERE that I've taken over the years.

26078165054_64a3325984_b.jpg

15693589163_06aec078c3_b.jpg

34175787564_b97f4d956e_b.jpg

Best of luck Jack! I look forward to seeing the new plane!

well that sure is tempting....

Sorry Jack, I'm sure it's difficult to let your baby go. Beautiful 140. Sure is tempting though....

Good luck on your 'new' airplane search.

Best of luck Jack! I look forward to seeing the new plane!
Thanks! The new one may not be a beauty queen and I'll will really be sad to see this one go, but I need a plane I can remove the door and seat for photos.

well that sure is tempting....
It was tempting for me too! Great flying plane, great looking plane, and cheap to fly. I think over the last few years I only had to get the radio fixed and rebuild the mags. It was cheaper than renting as much as I fly and much more stylish!!

Sorry Jack, I'm sure it's difficult to let your baby go. Beautiful 140. Sure is tempting though....

Good luck on your 'new' airplane search.
Yeah, breaks my heart honestly. When a guy who made me an offer backed out last night, I almost took her off the market. Still might! I've got a friend with a Cessna 175 with an O-360. It's beautiful, has the horsepower I need, etc. That may be my next toy.... a nosedragger!

I don't have the time to fly this enough myself but I'll put it out there- If there is somebody else in Eastern MA/Southern NH who would want to split that with me I would jump on that in a second.

@Wrench978 @UngaWunga you guys are at Hampton, that plane would look pretty nice hanging out up there!

I wish I could buy it for my dad. His first airplane was a 140 some 45 years ago.

Ladies such as her don’t have big feet, nor does one leave them tied up outside. ;)
I've seen her with big tires before I bought her... not too bad. As far as tying down outside, if someone told me they would were going to do that... I'd honestly not sell!

1946 Cessna 140 1358 TT
Continental C-85 1199 SMOH
Narco 810 Comm / Narco AT150 Transponder
Sigtronics SPA-400 Intercom
Leather Interior / Shoulder Straps
All logs back to new.
Annual 1/18/18
Compression 78/78/78/78

Beautiful polished plane that gets attention everywhere I go. Been fun, but I need something that will be a better air-to-air photo plane.

You can see a lot of photos HERE that I've taken over the years.

26078165054_64a3325984_b.jpg

15693589163_06aec078c3_b.jpg

34175787564_b97f4d956e_b.jpg

I'll take the one in back. :)

That 140 is gorgeous. Best of luck with the sale.

Don't sell her Jack. I think it's something you'll regret. Anyway there's no shame in having TWO planes :)

Don't sell her Jack. I think it's something you'll regret. Anyway there's no shame in having TWO planes :)
I'm pretty sure I would end up divorced! Not to mention I can't afford two planes, hangars, insurance, etc.

So there's a page on FB called "Aircraft of Texas. Buy,sell,trade." I've heard it worked for some guys I know and I think one of them even created the page. What a mistake listing it there!

Exact same wording from multiple people (profiles):
  • Will you take $15K cash today?
  • Will you take $10K cash today?
  • WIll you take $15K cash today?
  • Is this available?
  • Is this available?
  • Does this 140 have four seats?
  • Will you take payments?
  • Will you take payments? 10K today, 3K per month
  • Me interesa este articulo.
One guy wants to buy it for $20K. He doesn't have a license and doesn't want one. He says he wants it as a prop. What did I get myself into?!!

Last edited:
So there's a page on FB called "Aircraft of Texas. Buy,sell,trade." I've heard it worked for some guys I know and I think one of them even created the page. What a mistake listing it there!

• Is this available?
  • Is this available?
One guy wants to buy it for $20K. He doesn't have a license and doesn't want one. He says he wants it as a prop. What did I get myself into?!!
Hey Jack, I bought my plane on this page: (Cessna 180/182/185/206/210/337 exchange)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/133197020734763/
Maybe you can ask the moderator if 140's would be allowed?
There's also stick and rudder aircraft exchange that people seem to have luck with:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/897213377100511/
And of course you know the 120/140 group on fb.

I've seen her with big tires before I bought her... not too bad. As far as tying down outside, if someone told me they would were going to do that... I'd honestly not sell!

As much as I would love to have your 140, I would NEVER consider tying her down outside for more than a few hours between flights. That's a beauty that deserves to be sheltered and rubbed down frequently.

A Cirrus doing photos with me would have to pull their chute to slow down enough! Would be cool for me though!
Actually, a breezy at full throttle could keep up with a Cirrus in it slow flight regimen. I wasn't being entirely facetious. A breezy is nothing more than a mini-Air Cam.

Actually, a breezy at full throttle could keep up with a Cirrus in it slow flight regimen. I wasn't being entirely facetious. A breezy is nothing more than a mini-Air Cam.
Yeah, but I don’t want them in slow flight. The faster the prop is turning, the better and the plane has to be clean.

I'll buy it if you owner finance it for 30 years. ;)

• Is this available?
  • Is this available?

Put it on Barnstormers. That’s where everyone looks.

• Is this available?
  • Is this available?

Well I was actually going to ask if it was the 2-seat tandem 140 model, does it have long range tanks, does the audio panel have Bluetooth, and does the three axis digital autopilot still work? :p

Well I was actually going to ask if it was the 2-seat tandem 140 model, does it have long range tanks, does the audio panel have Bluetooth, and does the three axis digital autopilot still work? :p
Yep!

Back