KIAB ILS or LOC 19R

It's also on government low altitude enroute charts and area charts.

Sure, but realistically, how many people know that? I'd wager that having to find the paired DME frequency for a TACAN channel is something the vast majority of pilots have never been taught, and have never needed to do.

Sure, but realistically, how many people know that? I'd wager that having to find the paired DME frequency for a TACAN channel is something the vast majority of pilots have never been taught, and have never needed to do.
You could be right. I think the only reason I found out about it is that there is a TACAN just over three miles from my home field. I saw the frequency in parentheses on an area (IFR) chart and wondered what it was.

You could be right. I think the only reason I found out about it is that there is a TACAN just over three miles from my home field. I saw the frequency in parentheses on an area (IFR) chart and wondered what it was.
It is more apparent when it's on the approach chart.

It is more apparent when it's on the approach chart.
True. The TACAN I mentioned (NUQ) is on the approach charts for Moffett Field, but it's apparently not a universal practice, since that's not true of the KIAB approaches.

Try to get an Ident off a TACAN with a DME reciever. I think you can wait 30 seconds or so to get it sometimes.

Try to get an Ident off a TACAN with a DME reciever. I think you can wait 30 seconds or so to get it sometimes.
The DME portion of a TACAN station should be no different than the DME on a VORTAC or VOR/DME. Once every 30 seconds.

From the AIM:

f. VOR/DME, VORTAC, ILS/DME, and LOC/

DME facilities are identified by synchronized

identifications which are transmitted on a time share

basis. The VOR or localizer portion of the facility is

identified by a coded tone modulated at 1020 Hz or

a combination of code and voice. The TACAN or

DME is identified by a coded tone modulated at

1350 Hz. The DME or TACAN coded identification

is transmitted one time for each three or four times

that the VOR or localizer coded identification is

transmitted. When either the VOR or the DME is