Emergency landing ATL?

bflynn

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Brian Flynn
Got a report of an emergency landing at Hartfield tonight, throwing a wrench into arrivals and departures. Anyone have the skinny?

Locked brakes 27 R closed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Extreme precipitation

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was in there this evening but landed 26R and departed 26L, so different freqs. It was windy. As we were turning final, a Southwest plane two ahead of us went around for "wind shear in the flare".

They'll use it for arrivals too Ryan, but yes, primarily a departure runway.
I stand corrected. Guess I was under the impression that the two inboards are the departing runways and the outboards are the arrival runways.

You know more than I do, so I’ll shut up. :)

I stand corrected. Guess I was under the impression that the two inboards are the departing runways and the outboards are the arrival runways.

Depends on traffic and whatnot. They can be used for whatever the tower decides to do.

For most of the day that is true, but doesn't prevent ATC from using them for arrivals as long as departures permit. Better? :D

Going home leg, commuter trying to make a flight home, hot brakes. ;):)

“The airplane was towed to the gate and the fire was extinguished there.”

Yeah, right. Lets let it burn until we get it to the gate and THEN put out the fire.

I wonder what the thought process was on whether or not they should evacuate. Seems like a plane on fire would be reason enough to get out of it.

“The airplane was towed to the gate and the fire was extinguished there.”

Yeah, right. Lets let it burn until we get it to the gate and THEN put out the fire.

I wonder what the thought process was on whether or not they should evacuate. Seems like a plane on fire would be reason enough to get out of it.
Heh, my thoughts exactly.

Much easier to evacuate at the terminal as opposed to using slides on the runway. Probably a simple brake fire.

Back