Russian Yacht Attempts to Steal Drone

overdrive148

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
overdrive148
Long story short: Guy flies drone around Russian Megayacht, guys appear on deck and use some kind of drone disabling device, yacht dispatches a smaller boat to grab it. Guy has no visual but somehow gets control, flies back to his boat. Wacky stuff.

Guy's name is Roman Abramovich. I remember his name because he has a private A340...

Cool, where can I get one of those drone disabling devices?

Long story short: Guy flies drone around Russian Megayacht, guys appear on deck and use some kind of drone disabling device, yacht dispatches a smaller boat to grab it. Guy has no visual but somehow gets control, flies back to his boat. Wacky stuff.

Guy's name is Roman Abramovich. I remember his name because he has a private A340...

Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Like he said, he was in a place with few laws and decided to poke at people with a lot more juice than he has.

If he was in international waters, guess yacht guy could have considered the drone a possible hostile act and reacted with a good bit more force?

Sitting in international waters in a 200million something dollar yacht

Last edited:
I know nothing about boating or maritime law, but he looked awfully close to land to be in international waters...

I know nothing about boating or maritime law, but he looked awfully close to land to be in international waters...

Agreed, drone dude said it was international waters?
Even if it wasn't, you're in a third world country, flying over a expensive boat like that, if it were me I'd be concerned I was being scouted out by the drone, seems reasonable downing that drone in that situation.

I've parked next to RA's ride (P4-MES). I've also used his yacht as a visual aid to entering a traffic pattern.

They're even selling "drone loads" for shotguns now.

They're even selling "drone loads" for shotguns now.
drone-loads.jpg

Haven’t we already covered here that Amazon drones will just be called, “Skeet shooting with prizes...”?

Back