7000th cirrus

How many of us were waiting for 6PC to appear, possibly doing a preflight or polishing the spinner? ;-)

oh sweet, another cirrus circle jerk video, awesome!

I jest, but their success is still great for GA

Wow ,how big can the market be ? Who ever thought fiberglass airplanes would take over the market. Congrats to Cirrus

Wow ,how big can the market be ? Who ever thought fiberglass airplanes would take over the market. Congrats to Cirrus
It would be interesting to see how many of these are still viable 40 or 50 years from now. Then again, by that time I'm not likely to be here and/or care.

Sure are a lot of 1%ers out there ;)

6PC shoulda had at LEAST a cameo appearance, geez.

And do any of us *really* want GA to be 'common'?? We LIKE to brag at parties!!

It would be interesting to see how many of these are still viable 40 or 50 years from now.

I'm not sure they are intended to last 40 years. Pretty sure the 1960s aluminum airplanes weren't designed to last 60 years, or even 40.

If you were designing an airplane to sell today, what design life would you target?

Are the current airframes time limited? Some searching around found this very old statement: "Actually the Cirrus SR20 has a life limit of 12,000 hours and the SR22 has a life limit of 4,300 hours. This is based on the Type Certificate Data Sheet No. A00009CH - Revision 3." Is this still a concern for the newer planes? *Edit* Looks like from the 2008, Revision 13 data sheet, they both now list 12,000 hours.

Last edited:
Yeah these days it feels like 1 out of every 100 people you encounter is one.

Statistically, 60% of the time, every time, those 1 out of 100 are 1%ers.

How many 1998 Cirrus will we see at Oshkosh in 2050?

How many non-cirrus production aircraft are we going to see at OSH in 2050 ? There will be a huge RV parking area and an entire section for Vision jets.

I'm not sure they are intended to last 40 years. Pretty sure the 1960s aluminum airplanes weren't designed to last 60 years, or even 40.

If you were designing an airplane to sell today, what design life would you target?
Infinite. Every piece would be replaceable.

Sort of like the guy that said he owned George Washington's axe. Of course the handle had been replaced several dozen times and the blade had been replaced around twenty times, but it was still the same axe.

Infinite. Every piece would be replaceable.

Sort of like the guy that said he owned George Washington's axe. Of course the handle had been replaced several dozen times and the blade had been replaced around twenty times, but it was still the same axe.

Back