The Redneck Pilot

Don’t jump right on the catfish bandwagon quite yet. Catfish eat phytoplankton, the beneficial greenish/brownish bloom seen in healthy fertilized ponds. The floating “scum” not so much. Aeration is the solution to scum.
Most folks don’t realize the maintenance required for a healthy attractive productive farm pond. Get behind on fertilization and weeds take over. Addition of lime, at least in the Southeast, is occasionally needed. Keeping a balance of large and small fish (bass and bream both) is optimal.
How Mother Nature manages on her own is a mystery to me.
C60FFDB5-5594-44D5-ADC6-4D5B06D56942.jpeg
Addition of ruminants is optional, but sure minimizes mowing needed.

Last edited:
....just be sure they’re sterile grass carp or they can take over too.

Goats will keep the weeds down. They taste pretty dang good too.

Awww....don’t go there,
Got immigrant roots?o_O

Nah. But I have had goat. Friend in GA had us over. We had dinner. Afterwards he asked how I liked the meat. Then he told me it was goat, but it was good.

......reportedly is the most widely consumed meat worldwide.
But we have this habit of falling in love with our animals.....couldn’t eat our dogs either.

Flown with a lot of rednecks. They're usually good pilots.

Funny. I say "reckon" and "fixin" as part of my normal vocabulary. Really.
Norther Illinois for over a decade has taken most my draw away but they will never take reckon and fixin.

Absolutely. I used to work with a guy that moved down from NY (this is when I lived in Charlotte. I was born in Atlanta and now live here again). After several years in the south I heard him say that one day he was talking to some people and the only word that he could come up with that fit properly was fixin'. You stay long enough it will eventually get you. :D

I actually thought the interlude music was funny because it came in as such a contrast to the 'redneck pilot' persona. Subscribed.

Back