South Florida airplane rental for student pilot

ATC_av8er

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
ATC_av8er
Good morning POA

I am a student pilot, current solo endorsement. I will be traveling to South Florida in February and am looking to rent a plane to build solo time before I apply for my checkride. Does anyone know of any flight schools in the area that would do such a thing? Obviously I'm sure I would go up with an instructor before hand and fill put whatever paperwork the company needs. Any help or leads are greatly appreciated.

Can you be more geographically specific?

Maybe I should have been clearer. What part of southern florida is the student going to? Venice? Naples? Miami? Fort Lauderdale? I rented in Clearwater, but I'm guessing that's not where he's looking.

Maybe I should have been clearer. What part of southern florida is the student going to? Venice? Naples? Miami? Fort Lauderdale? I rented in Clearwater, but I'm guessing that's not where he's looking.

Miami/ Fort Lauderdale area

Good morning POA

I am a student pilot, current solo endorsement. I will be traveling to South Florida in February and am looking to rent a plane to build solo time before I apply for my checkride. Does anyone know of any flight schools in the area that would do such a thing? Obviously I'm sure I would go up with an instructor before hand and fill put whatever paperwork the company needs. Any help or leads are greatly appreciated.

The FBO's insurance will almost certainly require that you fly with an instructor employed by that FBO before giving you the keys. A student renter strange to the area is a heck of a potential liability.

Bob

The FBO's insurance will almost certainly require that you fly with an instructor employed by that FBO before giving you the keys. A student renter strange to the area is a heck of a potential liability.

Bob

I was born and raised in the area so I am very familiar with much of what goes on in the crowded South Florida airspace. That said, I am fully expecting to have to go up with an instructor for a few hours to prove proficiency.

Back