GNS 530W with GTX345 Help

Radar Contact

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Kevin
Got my plane back from an avionics upgrade the other day and was able to test fly it today to see how everything is working with each other.

I got the Insight G4 Twin installed and that is working great. So glad to finally have a real engine monitor for all the many obvious benefits including fuel flow/totalization.

On to my question for anyone who can help.

The GTX345 is providing traffic and wx to my foreflight via bluetooth so I know it's working properly. It is providing wx to my 530W so I know it is talking to my 530W. The problem is I'm not getting traffic on the 530W or my GMX200. I'm guessing the traffic for the GMX200 is fed from the 530W. The 530W isn't displaying a dedicated traffic page like the book suggests it should. Any thoughts from anyone knowledgeable here as to what is causing the problem before I get my avionics shop back involved?

On the 430W there is a setup page to identify the traffic source (ARINC, etc). Mine was driving me nuts because it came from a plane with ES and I put it mine without.

Seems like a good place to start to see what it thinks the traffic source is. IIRC the traffic pages don't present when there is no traffic source.

Without a diagram of the wiring they actually installed I think everything is gonna be a WAG. Too many variables. Could be software, could be configuration error, could be physical wiring issues like ran out of ARINC 429 or RS232 ports

*i don't know if this is related or not but wasn't there a recent thread about a software update for the gtx345 that had some to do with traffic? Don't know if it's similar to your issue but might want to search for it.

I have the same set up. I believe that you have to change the filter level on the 430 to see the traffic. In the same way that you can filter out extraneous information, a few clicks of the cursor button should show your traffic. Especially if you have no yellow ( NO TRAFFIC) on the GPS screen.

you spent lots of money installing the 345....call the avionics shop, you're entitled to the help.

you spent lots of money installing the 345....call the avionics shop, you're entitled to the help.
I spoke with them. They think it's just a setting on the maintenance page. They said bring it back and they will fix it no biggie. Just asked here in the off chance it was a simple fix I could do. Just gotta find the time to swing it back by.

Thanks guys.

Got my plane back from an avionics upgrade the other day and was able to test fly it today to see how everything is working with each other.

I got the Insight G4 Twin installed and that is working great. So glad to finally have a real engine monitor for all the many obvious benefits including fuel flow/totalization.

On to my question for anyone who can help.

The GTX345 is providing traffic and wx to my foreflight via bluetooth so I know it's working properly. It is providing wx to my 530W so I know it is talking to my 530W. The problem is I'm not getting traffic on the 530W or my GMX200. I'm guessing the traffic for the GMX200 is fed from the 530W. The 530W isn't displaying a dedicated traffic page like the book suggests it should. Any thoughts from anyone knowledgeable here as to what is causing the problem before I get my avionics shop back involved?

:needpics:

The GTX 345 provides traffic on the ARINC 429 interface and weather on the RS-232. On the GNS 530 check that the traffic data is received on the Arinc 429 port.

José

The GTX 345 provides traffic on the ARINC 429 interface and weather on the RS-232. On the GNS 530 check that the traffic data is received on the Arinc 429 port.

José
Perfect. Thank you. I am dropping it back off at the shop for a couple issues that need resolving on Monday (G5 hooked to 530W for VDI/CDI, OP on G4 and the traffic issue. I'll pass what you said on to them.

Back