Any recommendation on soaring plane club for intro flights in Chicago area?

WannFly

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Priyo
Travelling to Chicago in a couple of weeks. Any first hand info on intro glider rides that anyone can share?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I am on the north side and can't say I am aware of any glidering going on in the area. Not a lot of them charted here.

I'm sure there are better places to seek out intro glider rides than Chicago. Are there no places near where you live or normally travel?

Well I will be in Chicago for day and then doing some driving around Illinois with no destination in mind... there are very few commercial operations that I have seen, one of them is the link posted above, thought if someone have any first hand experience, it will be good to know before I book one. Well, guess I will come back and report in how it went

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I've never been to windy city so I can't comment specifically. What I can tell you is that they are very active. Pretty much every soarable day they call us and "activate" their airspace and they stay up for hours and hours.

Soarmidwest.com - out of 44C in nearby Beloit,WI. Probably about 2-2.5h from CHI area.

There used to be a lot of soaring at C89 (Sylvania, just off I94 near Kenosha) but couldn't find much on it.

Off topic, but Rochelle (RPJ) has a great on-field restaurant where you can sit on the patio and watch the very busy skydiving activity.

Lake Village, Indiana. C98, as @PaulMKE says. Glider club, still active. You need to call ahead to schedule rides. About 1 hr south of Chicago.

Back