I cannot relate to GA or GA pilots anymore

N918KT

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
KT
I have been out of touch with GA flying and flight training for so long that I cannot relate to nor understand the struggles of GA or the struggles of GA pilots anymore. I have a great career in airport ops but I think that airport ops and GA flying/flight training are two separate worlds. I almost never hear about the dilemma of GA or GA pilots in my job.

Did anyone who used to fly quit flying for so long that they cannot relate to GA anymore or didn't keep up with the latest GA news?

Airport where I grew up at needs a GPS approach. Oddly there are many other tiny airports around it that have them but for some reason this one has been left out. I started looking into way to get that noticed at the state level and came to the conclusion that the local State Prison is the only one not served by an airport with at least one instrument approach. Think I have a good case?

i don't fly power planes any more, so I'm a little disconnected as well, but most of what I hear is almost exactly what I heard back in 1978 when I first got my private ticket.

There are times when this place does come across like a grumpy old men's club.

GA is the foundation of it all in the US, best not to get too out of touch IMO

your airport must be a cirrus only shop cause not many of us can relate to those guys.

Back