What EFB software do you use?

What EFB suite do you use?

• Total voters
iPad Air 2 running 10.2.

I was referring to the airport info as shown in the attachment , I just found it difficult to read

Attachments

• IMG_3284.PNG
    IMG_3284.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 36
Foreflight,compared it to wing x when they both started. Foreflight won hands down at the time. Fore flight seems to be keeping up with the latest additions.

Just downloaded aerovie today for this first time [...]

I also tried Aerovie a while ago. I really liked the AFAIK unique vertical weather feature and Bryan's super fast support. The price is very attractive as well.

Until I find a reason to ditch FltPlan Go (which is free), then I'm staying with it.

Everyone already uses it to file. Then I've got geo-referenced plates, all the charts I'd need, multitudes of airport and weather information, and everything in between. And I know it will always work with basically any portable ADSB solution, including Stratux.

That app has come a long way in user friendliness as well. Pretty well laid out now.

I'm an "other" guy as well. I use FlyQ EFB with a Stratus 2 and Aerovie for weather planning (love the vertical weather profile capability). I'm used to it now. I'd switch to Flypln Go, but they don't support the Stratus 2 and I'm not about to buy another receiver since I'm basically free and clear through 2097 on my charts subscription with FlyQ (got their lifetime subscription a few years ago). That might change once I install the Garmin GTX 345 this Spring though.

I just get to watch the teeth gnashing when FF continues to raise their rates in the future. ;)

Cheers,
Brian

I use FlyQ as well on my Ipad mini. I tried a few others and just prefer it. I have additional apps for weather on my phone and Ipad mini.

I've been using ForeFlight Pro for a year now. I can do weight and balance, full Duats weather brief with enhanced graphics, file IFR flight plans, and view all the charts and procedures, plus geosynch taxi diagrams.

I used to have Garmin Pilot. But, at the time (over a year now) I liked the Foreflight app better. I have it on my iPhone and an iPad Air2/4G. I also use a PingBuddy for ADSB-in.

>> unique vertical weather feature

Unique to an ios/Android app maybe but Voyager had that years ago....

What iPad or iPhone generation were you testing on? It's possible it was doing some preloading during first install but if it continues to be slow I'd love to learn more. My email is: bryanh@aerovie.com

If any text is too small let me know which text and we will be happy to improve this.

The app is heavily focused on preflight weather and contains features found nowhere else.

Thanks for trying Aerovie!

I think I would recommend is that the METARS etc are automatically updated upon app startup instead of the user have to manually update them.

Attachments

• IMG_3298.jpg
    IMG_3298.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 13
Been using Avare for Android for several years. Works great and frequently updated. Easy integration with Stratux for weather and traffic.

I am using a SkyRadar (L model) for ADS-B and GPS. I was using the iPod Touch app from SkyRadar, which hides small airports unless you pay a subscription ($13 for six months). A recent bug prompted me to look around and find Avare. I managed to buy a cheap Android phone off ebay and got the SkyRadar to connect to Avare via WiFi.
I must admit that I like the SkyRadar app a little better for ADS-B weather. For example, I still haven't found a way to display nexrad AND METARs at the same time using Avare.

WingX Pro. It's of course more than just an EFB but it's an EFB as well.

Garmin Pilot on an iPad Air. Avare on a Samsung phone. Flightstream 210 in the panel.

ForeFlight. I tried several years ago and went with ForeFlight because it was what I was most comfortable with. Then I got a stratus 2S so I will stay with ForeFlight. It works very well for me and it would be hard to beat ForeFlights customer support

Back