Potty option for longer flights?

Is there anything you would not pee on outside of the occasional electric fence?

Meh, I'm not R Kelly, but puritanical stuff amuses me and requires and little attention on my part.

To your question, I wouldn't **** on Ron Paul, the Constitution, a naked angelina jolie, or a P-51.

Travel Johns 100%, especially with kids. You can't always just land - and with kids they don't always empty themselves completely and have to go again 20 min later. Anyway, why do I want urine sloshing around in a container. If it even has a small chance of leaking, eventually one will. The Travel John does not leak. We've used at least dozens if not hundreds of them.

You don't like Ron Paul?

Do you not like the Constitution/America?

I do not like Ron Paul.

And if I peed on the Constitution, it'd be fine. That case it's in protects it from everything other than a direct nuclear strike.

Also, and most importantly, it was a joke.

Really! You guys **** in your plane! I wouldn't take a chance to get a drop on my nice interior. Just land and task a leak!

That is why when I take people flying...last thing I do before loading up is I ask them "Not do you have to go, but CAN you go?...then go!"

Really! You guys **** in your plane! I wouldn't take a chance to get a drop on my nice interior. Just land and task a leak!

That gets a bit harder when you've got 50 dogs in back and flying 10 hours in one day on a schedule. No way in hell am I making an extra stop if I don't have to.

No conviction, jail?

The case was shaky. Plea bargain to a lesser charge, 1 year probation. The Navy gave her an OTH discharge for showing bad judgment, reduction in rank from Captain to Commander (bird to silver oak leaf). The court records have been sealed now.

She obviously needed some mental help, hope she got it. Quite an accomplishment to make it to astronaut only to throw it all away. Sad really.

I have two funny flying-but-got-to-go stories, one told to me, one involving me...first the told to me:

A flight instructor friend of mine was picking up a Cessna 152 that his flight school just bought, and flying it from Florida back to Michigan. On his first leg of the flight, he finds himself over the Everglades and needing to use the restroom. He realizes that he is nearly 30 minutes from being anywhere on the ground, and he doesn't think he can hold it.
In the plane, he has an empty Mountain Dew can (which is probably why he has to go so bad), and he chooses to "fill it up" while in flight. He then realizes he doesn't know what to do with a full Mountain Dew can, and decides to pitch it out the window, into the Everglades. When he tries to push the can out the window into the slip stream, his littering-karma was instant as the can didn't make it out the window, but instead falls back inside, spilling the contents all over the newly purchased plane. He said it was really hot that day in Florida, and the plane reeked of urine all the way back to Michigan.

My own personal story: In the early 90's I had just purchased a beautiful Rutan designed canard, and took it on a maiden voyage with my (now ex) wife to a fly-in about 200 miles away. It was a Sunday, and it was back in the days when buying fuel was always done in person, and required an attendant. Late on Sunday, on our way home and only 30 minutes from landing, my wife says that if we don't land immediately, she is going to pee in my new plane. I told her that we had enough fuel to get home, with reserve, but nothing more, and if we land, we would not be taking off until Monday because of the limits on buying fuel. She told me to press on, but go as fast as we can.
I found out just how fast that Rutan canard was, and I made it back in 22 minutes. Even then, the entire way was a two sentence conversation between her and I: Her, "I'm going to pee in your new plane!" Me, "Don't pee in my new plane!"
When we touched down I braked hard, shut down the engine as I braked, and opened the canopy as we came to a stop. She jumped out and pee'd right on the runway, even though there were two planes waiting to take off (which they thought was hilarious).

Last edited:
I prefer staying hydrated so on my 2.5+ flights I usually have to go potty. I currently have this

But am thinking of switching to this because cleaning the prior is gross.

Any better options besides holding it? I know most of you would ride a horse home from a vasectomy but for those of you who are willing to share experience and preference I look forward to seeing where this goes!!

Maybe a prostate exam is in order..LOL

Is there anything you would not pee on outside of the occasional electric fence?
I have tried my 17,000 volt bear fencing around the bee hives and received not even a tickle. I think that is a myth.

I have tried my 17,000 volt bear fencing around the bee hives and received not even a tickle. I think that is a myth.
Yup, a myth. Can't remember where I saw it, but when viewed in extreme slow motion, the steam is broken into many individual pulses. Almost like a pressure washer. The is no continuity for the electric current to flow.

Yup, a myth. Can't remember where I saw it, but when viewed in extreme slow motion, the steam is broken into many individual pulses. Almost like a pressure washer. The is no continuity for the electric current to flow.

Mythbusters. However, I am not willing to verify their results. :no::no::no:

Back