NON-OSHKOSH-Go'ers, UNITE!!!

Argh, I hate to see this story still propagating.

The FISK approach into OSH is simplicity itself, and perfectly safe. It is FAR easier and safer than most garden variety local fly ins, which are often a melee free for all with no arrival or departure procedures.

It's nothing the average private pilot cannot do. :)
You mean like THIS Hot Mess from the AOPA Fly-In at Indianapolis Regional/Mt Comfort? Somebody finally gets on a handheld with Binocs and starts telling folks who is cutting off who.
The Video even shows how concerned the ATC controller is about the large amount of uncontrolled traffic all converging at once.

We get to poke fun at those who went ... and got wet .... and dry ... and didn't get enough sleep because of the awesome Mustangs taxiing out at 6am ... and then they had sweet pancake breakfast .... and drank some coffee with other pilots ... and saw cool airplanes ... and met great folks ... and got to fly around ... and got to have fun while we are stuck at work ...

Does that answer your question?

You've inspired me! I'm gonna take a couple of days off and go to the beach!!

I'll make Osh one year, just not this one . . . .

Been there, dun that...got the t-shirt. :)

OSH webcam on the HD TV via youtube, Fisk arrival freq on liveatc,and POA on the laptop....72 degrees and 20 feet from the recliner to the fridge...What's not to like?

I see the Goodyear blimp is arriving....no, wait, it's a bug on the camera surround!

Jim

Each year I get to sit it out as well due to work constraints and distance .... someday I'll get the chance to do the FISK arrival and announce ATITPPA :eek::confused:o_O:p

Don't tell anybody I told ya, but when I went to OSH in 2011, the "madness" consisted of flying over a little town, following some railroad tracks, one wing rock, some random guy on our frequency said "start your base," then we landed on a dot. Shear terror, I tell ya! It was almost like we flew one of them traffic pattern things, and then made normal approach and landing, except it was Oshkosh, so it was freakin' nuts, except for the oddly normal parts, which was all pretty much all of it, but it was Oshkosh, so it couldn't possibly be uneventful. Know what I mean?

Then, when we got parked, the endless masses of people all around said stuff like, "Hi there, need a hand?", and "Nice plane. I love an old Apache.", and even tried to force thing on us like sodas and hotdogs. Crazy! Then all the drunk idiots were stumbling all over people's camp sites, except I didn't see them, but you know, of course it was happening in great numbers. What really bothered me was when I was trying to sleep. It was just too darn quiet! I was completely surrounded by tired people who also wanted to sleep, which was insane!

This year is going to be totally bananas. I'm sure of it.

..and remember if there is holding over Green Lake just announce "Low fuel!" and you can jump the queue. ;)

And have some drunk PoA'er fall into their tent, and have another drunk PoA'er **** all over their campsite and on their tent, because the offenders are too drunk, too inconsiderate, and too self absorbed to give a **** that they are being complete dicckbags. Yeah, sounds like agreat time

Hey Ed, Tell us how you really feel. :D

Havin' an awesome time at San Diego Comic Con with about 500,000 of my closest friends.

Nauga,
gettin' his geek on

One of these years I gotta get up there. Another year of not making it to Sun n Fun or Osh :(

Barb and I were planing the trip this year, when we plan 4 days on the road each way to get there at $45 per night camp ground fees, 4, 100 gallons tanks of diesel, 65 per night camp fees at the fly-in. XXX.00 for stuff at the fly-in.

we watched the weather and decided we could suffer the heat here rather than there for a lot less, it's a blistering 71 here today. how you folks doing?

My "excuse" is when you get a few thousand people in a defined area they turn into mindless idiots that lose complete track of their surroundings and think there's no one else around. Doesn't matter if it's a concert, amusement park, state/county fair, etc...

And now we have Pokemon Go added to the mix.
I honestly think they started out as idiots. The crowding just concentrates them in one area.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

The storm rolling through bunched us all up today. Glad it happened on Saturday.
image.png

I'd love to be going this year, but, as is often the case, the week is already booked. We're sitting at SEA waiting for our red-eye to IAD, connecting to YOW. My professional society is having its annual international symposium this coming week, so my wife and I are headed to Ottawa. Maybe next year?

Argh, I hate to see this story still propagating.

The FISK approach into OSH is simplicity itself, and perfectly safe. It is FAR easier and safer than most garden variety local fly ins, which are often a melee free for all with no arrival or departure procedures.

It's nothing the average private pilot cannot do. :)
But there are no average pilots HERE!

Work always seems to get in the way but hoping to go next year.

I'm going to upstate New York for a wedding and a fishing trip on lake Ontario. That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.

Can't make it again this year. I'm doing too much flying.

I'd like to get there in this bad mamajama

473410340b5fb22e28c08c6f8d38b4f8.jpg

Er... what is that sleek executive cruiser-mamajamma??????

And... wish I was at OSH - just pinged my flying buddy to plan for next year!

Flew in 3 X and drove once... the Arrival is as described above - a non-event and NOTHING (much) beats waking to 3 P-51's at full roar in T/O overhead while camped by your plane at the end of rwy 27... who needs caffeine?

I'd like to get there in this bad mamajama

473410340b5fb22e28c08c6f8d38b4f8.jpg

Er... what is that sleek executive cruiser-mamajamma???????

it's an AT that's been converted for military use. there's a company here that's converting them, I think they've done 14 or 16 conversions. it's top secret, so I expect some dudes in black cars and black suits and black sunglasses to come and lock me up for giving this information out, thanks for asking!

This isn't the flat black AT that they are looking for.....

The 'non-Oshkosh crowd'?? What fun is that?

Hey, I'm having plenty fun... sitting around in my basement, alone, on a Tuesday night... drinking beer with a dude in a picture on my wall, while donning aviator goggles so I can at least pretend in my head that I'm at OSH. There's nothing sad about that!!! I mean, it's not like I'm also obsessively scouring the internet for any and all pictures of the event, then staring longingly at each one of them... :(

upload_2016-7-26_21-41-31.png

Cheers!

From your pic and what you wrote, what bottle are you on? ;):D

Last edited:
it's an AT that's been converted for military use. there's a company here that's converting them, I think they've done 14 or 16 conversions. it's top secret, so I expect some dudes in black cars and black suits and black sunglasses to come and lock me up for giving this information out, thanks for asking!

Is this in S'burg airport? I remember someone there selling Helio Couriers there years ago.

Hey, I'm having plenty fun... sitting around in my basement, alone, on a Tuesday night... drinking beer with a dude in a picture on my wall, while donning aviator goggles so I can at least pretend in my head that I'm at OSH. There's nothing sad about that!!! I mean, it's not like I'm also obsessively scouring the internet for any and all pictures of the event, then staring longingly at each one of them... :(

View attachment 46662

Cheers!
maybe this will helptmp_1657-20160726_133114-1539599078.jpg

Thanks! This really helps... me decide to switch to something stronger to cope. ugh.

Great pic!! The strategically placed fire extinguisher is a nice touch :)
yeah, that's getting shopped out tomorrow.

image.jpg

View attachment 46662

Cheers!

Here is one.

Back