Stupid student pilot crashed my discovery flight plane

When I soloed (not "solo'd"), my instructor didn't put down any wind limit.

Last edited:
The plane I did my multiengine checkride in was totaled by a drug runner. Too bad, it was a nice plane (Travel Air).

The plane in better days:

n94565_a.jpg

Weird. Our school lost 9456e this winter in a hangar collapse. Had to do a double take on this.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

A friend learned to fly in a gorgeous 150 Aerobat. The owner inexplicably kept it outside without tying it down. Microburst ended it. Sold for scrap I presume.

30 knots is no joke in a 172 - was it direct across? IME That strong of a crosswind in the 172 will result in running out of rudder authority and side loading the gear.

No, it was fairly direct but obviously any slight crosswind with that much gusts makes it a challenge to land smoothly. 30 knots gusts in a headwind is my personal limit so I was pushing it but it was a practice day so I wanted the challenge. Though, I went down to the coast where it was 8 kts gusting 16, but the traffic was using the longer runway with a direct crosswind. Ran out of rudder during the approach but below the tree line it was quite manageable.

Back