Omaha steakhouse recommendation

ChemGuy

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
ChemGuy
On my way to NE, flying into Oma on the AL tube. Driving east to Grand Island. Looking to eat somewhere we can get a good steak. Doesn't need to be $50 a steak prime meat type of place. Prefer local-ish place with good meat.

Anyone got a good place?

When I was regularly visiting Omaha (work) the go to places were Drover and Sullivan's. That's been quite a few years though, don't even know if they still exist.

Several years ago, was planning to stop in Omaha and asked around for steakhouse recommendations and it was the Drover. Didn't make it up that time but we're going to be driving through the area in a few weeks. The drover still has a web page, didn't see prices though. Maybe prices are a surprise.

On my way to NE, flying into Oma on the AL tube. Driving east to Grand Island. Looking to eat somewhere we can get a good steak. Doesn't need to be $50 a steak prime meat type of place. Prefer local-ish place with good meat.

Anyone got a good place?

East?

Yeah I was a little tired already.

Ended up just stopping at Starskys, a dive bar/grill from Man vs food. they have "pig wings". A small hog shank done like chicken wings. They were pretty good.

Got back early today and had lunch at Johnnys Café. It was a pretty good meal, steaks, steak sandwich's etc.

Ate at Sullivan's in Omaha last fall...it's a chain, they're everywhere.

Yelp says Mahogany Prime, Drover or 801 Chophouse are good choices.

Ate at Sullivan's in Omaha last fall...it's a chain, they're everywhere.

Yelp says Mahogany Prime, Drover or 801 Chophouse are good choices.
Mahogany Prime is AMAZING...but it ain't cheap.

I thought they just ship them to your house Frozen.

Don't EVER order from those guys. You'll soon figure out that it isn't the best steak in the world and then it takes an act of God to get them to stop sending you offers in the mail.

I've had quite a few steaks in Lincoln and right now my favorite is the Asiago Peppercorn (not the cheap cheap one but the better one) and double sides of broccoli at Ruby Tuesdays (just south of I80 on 27th street). Misty's is really good but a bit pricey. Believe it or not the steak at Red Lobster is pretty good too.

Omaha? well, I don't go there often so no help. Sorry.

I've had quite a few steaks in Lincoln and right now my favorite is the Asiago Peppercorn (not the cheap cheap one but the better one) and double sides of broccoli at Ruby Tuesdays (just south of I80 on 27th street). Misty's is really good but a bit pricey. Believe it or not the steak at Red Lobster is pretty good too.

Omaha? well, I don't go there often so no help. Sorry.
My favorite Lincoln steak is at Wilderness Ridge or Carmelas

Back