Daily Pic

Didn't they at some point call the 17 BUFF?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Nor taken today but one of my favorites on the lake michigan shoreline.

Attachments

• THIS ONE.jpg
    THIS ONE.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 88
I was circling over my house because I knew my two college-age sons were in the back yard shoveling dirt. Before I got back to my local airport to land, my son texted this photo to me :rofl::

IMG_1778_zps55lt4hrf.jpg

Christmas Eve sunrise on the ramp at Lambert-St. Louis.

Cool pic! I didn't know Cape Air made it into St. Louis.

I was circling over my house because I knew my two college-age sons were in the back yard shoveling dirt. Before I got back to my local airport to land, my son texted this photo to me :rofl::

Hahahahaha! That's awesome. :)

Re: Daily Pic Indian Point Atomic Power Plant

The Indian Point Atomic Power Plant

Passenger: "I wish I had a water balloon."

IMG_1778_zps55lt4hrf.jpg

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

IMG_1778_zps55lt4hrf.jpg

Kudos to you!

14xgynq.jpg

Had a great New Year Day fly-out to a local restaurant at the Skagit County airport. 74+ airplanes, 115+ people. Wonderful winter weather prevailed, bringing everyone out! There wasn't a tie down spot to be had. Photo credit goes to John Marzulli!

A couple of pics from a few weeks ago on a flight from Vancouver crossing over the Canadian Rockies west of Banff, Alberta. People who don't fly small airplanes sometimes ask me why I fly. I just show them a picture or two like these, or any of the great shots on this thread. No other answer in the form of words needed.
BC Flight_2015Oct27_Crossing the Continental Divide.jpg

BC Flight_2015Oct27_Above it All.jpg

Last edited:
A couple of pics from a few weeks ago on a flight from Vancouver crossing over the Canadian Rockies west of Banff, Alberta. People who don't fly small airplanes sometimes ask me why I fly. I just show them a picture or two like these, or any of the great shots on this thread. No other answer in the form of words needed.
View attachment 43356

View attachment 43358

Beautiful shots!

Fantastic shots!!

No flying today...:no: Bath time...:mad2:

Attachments

• 944683_10204582523796703_6690876845793674539_n.jpg
    944683_10204582523796703_6690876845793674539_n.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 115
Man, you picked a cold at to get out and wash!

No, the daughter got me some Wash Wax All for Christmas, so it was a dry wash. It's not to bad if there isn't a lot of built up grime. It was a great day to try this stuff and to watch everyone having fun flying...:goofy:

View attachment 43356

View attachment 43358

You win this week, hands down. Great shots. Thanks for sharing.

No, the daughter got me some Wash Wax All for Christmas, so it was a dry wash. It's not to bad if there isn't a lot of built up grime. It was a great day to try this stuff and to watch everyone having fun flying...:goofy:

Ah yes....Wash Wax All...good stuff! Great Christmas gift!

Oliver did his instrument rating in NC end December / beginning January. As passenger I had the opportunity to take some pictures... :D

IMC time:
IFR8.jpg

IFR3.jpg

IFR4.jpg

Coast line close to Wilmington, NC:
IFRAA.jpg

In and out of the clouds:
IFRB.jpg

IFRA.jpg

It was definitely a good way to end 2015 and start the New Year. :)
Martina

Skywalker, nice, you may already know this but that Wilmington NC coast shot is the north end of Wrigtsville Beach(hotel is Shell Island Resort), then Figure 8 Island to the north.

Skywalker, nice, you may already know this but that Wilmington NC coast shot is the north end of Wrigtsville Beach(hotel is Shell Island Resort), then Figure 8 Island to the north.

I didn't know but that's what PoA is for, right?! :D Thank you for pointing it out for us.

Very nice pics. But it doesn't look like you got nearly as much snow as all the apocalyptic reports in the media?

Very nice pics. But it doesn't look like you got nearly as much snow as all the apocalyptic reports in the media?

Depends on the area, the wind played a big roll in it as the snow didn't gently come straight down, instead most of the time it was coming in at a drastic angle. So if you were shielded by hills you may have gotten a foot or so, while other areas got into the three foot range.

The condo I live in is obstructed by hills so we got around 14", meanwhile my parents live about two miles away with a house that was completely exposed and had about 31", and a good friend of mine that lives about 20min south had a total of 38".

de-icing the Arrow so we can head to the Runway Cafe at GMU.

attachment.php

Doing some practice approaches at KCAK today. They vectored us over Akron-Fulton, where our local Goodyear blimp lives. For size reference, the runway is 6300 +change.

The other pic is the blimp doing a low approach at KBJJ last summer.

Sorry...haven't figured out how to add these in-line.

Jim

I always liked flying after a fresh snow. High pressure moving in, calm air and excellent visibility.

Got the AP sign off on Monday and was blessed with a very nice day for the first flight with the new engine:

archer3-L.jpg

I took a ton of pictures at EAA Air Venture Oshkosh 2015. Here is the album that has the best ones in it!

The images are too large for me to post and too big of a headache to edit, so here is the link to the Full Imgur Album. Enjoy!

I took a ton of pictures at EAA Air Venture Oshkosh 2015. Here is the album that has the best ones in it!

The images are too large for me to post and too big of a headache to edit, so here is the link to the Full Imgur Album. Enjoy!
Nice! Thanks for sharing!

Right about now I start looking forward to OSH. Too bad it's only once a year!

Good weather for tomorrow's little game....:redface:

Back