so im looking for a bike...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
to ride to the airport and back.

any ideas?

;)

Jesse might let you ride his little sister's if you don't break it. :D Or you can do what my instructor did, buy a moped. Its funny!

Last edited:
if it wasnt a 30 mile drive on the interstate, a moped would sound really good right now tri. would have trouble pulling the glider trailer though.

does jesse's sisters bike have pom poms on the handles and a bell? that could be fun!!!

Sorry, not aviation related. Mods? :D

bicycle bill.

the thread is not serious. its a 30 mile trip down the interstate for me to get to the airport.

joking around. i have this bad habit of baredom at work causing me to lurk at the read board. they had a rash of thread closings today because looking for a bike to ride to the airport to go fly is not aviation related, apparently...

and i was just feeling good about what a great forum we have here!

joking around. i have this bad habit of baredom at work causing me to lurk at the read board.

I look at the red board maybe twice a week, and only to look in Hops and $100 Hamburgers to see if there are any interesting flyins coming up.

Once in a while in aircraft ownership if there is something Mooney related, otherwise, I live here!:yes:

I think I had a cool bike like that when I was 6. It had pom poms, a horn, and it was bright pink! Although it will never top my pink Hot Wheels Barbie Corvette I drove. I was a stylin' kid, although I always got a "why me" look when I took my dog cruisin'. :D

Looks like a general revolt going on over there. Apparently "Aviation related" does not include the sense of community within aviation. Airplanes and airspace only. Looks like poor Safetyguy picked a bad time to volunteer as moderator. Even Aunt Peggy had her thread locked!

Nicely done Tony.

thanks. i strongly considered posting something over there like: "want to talk about bikes? come to pilotsofamerica.com" but i didnt figure the mods here would like me telling the masses over there how much better this forum is. i nkow they try to avoid interboard rivalry

hmmm i want one of those wright bicycles with the 1901 aerodynamics mod

lol

Could build one of these. Only 25 cents for the plans. What's your id on the red board, Tony?

Attachments

• glide-o-bike_1931.jpg
    glide-o-bike_1931.jpg
    379.1 KB · Views: 23
doug - im tonycondon on the red board. i have a whopping 40 posts or something there. needless to say, i rarely post. if you wanna chat w/me, id recommend you did it here ;)

but i may have to post this over there. ive never had a thread locked before

doug - im tonycondon on the red board. i have a whopping 40 posts or something there. needless to say, i rarely post. if you wanna chat w/me, id recommend you did it here ;)

but i may have to post this over there. ive never had a thread locked before

Ugh...

HEY! You posted my post over there before I could post my post over there! You dog! :p

You did get it in before the lock though

No need to apologize, I knew it was coming yesterday. :(

ah ok then. well have fun locking threads all day nick.

id have trouble being a moderator cause apparently i just dont take it seriously enough. i think stuff like this is just downright hilarious.

Non-Aviation :blowingkisses::p

I was surprised at the original thread locking on the red board too, was reading it last night when it happened, kind of torqued me enough to log out and go to bed.

thanks. i strongly considered posting something over there like: "want to talk about bikes? come to pilotsofamerica.com" but i didnt figure the mods here would like me telling the masses over there how much better this forum is. i nkow they try to avoid interboard rivalry

I've thought about that as well...but frankly I'm afraid they'll do to this board what they've done to that one. I know that the policies over here are different, but there are just too many ****ing matches over there.

I almost can't stand to read that board because there are only three types of threads...

1) which headset should I buy?
2) what is a good first plane?
3) thread locked. non-aviation.

Sorry, not aviation related. Mods? :D

How the worm turns. We created POA specifically to have a moderated board vs. the chaos at the time on the red board. So now POA is the site of free speech? :dunno:

Just proves that we mighta known what were doing, like we tried to tell them.

How the worm turns. We created POA specifically to have a moderated board vs. the chaos at the time on the red board. So now POA is the site of free speech? :dunno:

To be fair, the only reason moderation came about on the red board was because it was starting to spiral out of control before soapbox went away, and then it continued to spiral further when it did go away.

Aside from the spats like these, the Red Board is actually a pretty good place for a lot of conversation, and while I love PoA, the Red Board has a much wider audience, so for some questions and topics, it is definitely the place to go.

Sort of like the difference between the Front Porch/Back Porch and the FBO Lobby.

Tell you what, adding Spin zone here made a huge difference.

Thanks to most everyone here for making the mod job easier....

Looks like a general revolt going on over there. Apparently "Aviation related" does not include the sense of community within aviation. Airplanes and airspace only. Looks like poor Safetyguy picked a bad time to volunteer as moderator. Even Aunt Peggy had her thread locked!
Now I've had a thread locked on both boards. I've never been so notorious before. Maybe I'm no longer the "white sheep" of the family.

the thread locked here wasnt your fault Peggy...

it takes (at least) two hands to clap nick ;)

To be fair, the only reason moderation came about on the red board was because it was starting to spiral out of control before soapbox went away, and then it continued to spiral further when it did go away.

Aside from the spats like these, the Red Board is actually a pretty good place for a lot of conversation, and while I love PoA, the Red Board has a much wider audience, so for some questions and topics, it is definitely the place to go.

Sort of like the difference between the Front Porch/Back Porch and the FBO Lobby.

When you stop to think that AOPA is approaching a half million members, and the active user list on the forums is 2900 + -, it seems hardly useful that they spend employs time monitoring the boards.

This is a case of "your dambed if you do, and dambed if you don't" situation, especially if you stop to consider that the users of the forums are adult enough to be pilots and students that we hope are adult enough to hold pax lives in the hands, yet they argue over trivial things that would not normally enter into conversation at a face to face meeting/discussion.

Yet I'm a glutton for punishment, I still read the red boards but I'll not post my opinions there any more, due to my thoughts and opinions are outside the norm, and when stated, I recieve a lot of hate E-mail. from the people who use the boards to promote thier agendas.

This resent uproar of locking threads is a prime example of the bias shown on the red board, if you are in the click and known as the "EXPERT" you can get away with anything.

If you don't know what I mean, review the most resent posts by our own Bruch Chien.

Lock me if you must, it's just my opinion.

When you stop to think that AOPA is approaching a half million members, and the active user list on the forums is 2900 + -, it seems hardly useful that they spend employs time monitoring the boards.

This is a case of "your dambed if you do, and dambed if you don't" situation, especially if you stop to consider that the users of the forums are adult enough to be pilots and students that we hope are adult enough to hold pax lives in the hands, yet they argue over trivial things that would not normally enter into conversation at a face to face meeting/discussion.

Yet I'm a glutton for punishment, I still read the red boards but I'll not post my opinions there any more, due to my thoughts and opinions are outside the norm, and when stated, I recieve a lot of hate E-mail. from the people who use the boards to promote thier agendas.

This resent uproar of locking threads is a prime example of the bias shown on the red board, if you are in the click and known as the "EXPERT" you can get away with anything.

If you don't know what I mean, review the most resent posts by our own Bruch Chien.

Lock me if you must, it's just my opinion.
Very well said Tom.
I don't spend too much time over there, but I'm pretty surprised that you don't have the reputation of "EXPERT" over there. Jeez.

How's retirement going by the way?

Wow, now I remember why I came over to this board and never looked back...until now

I think I'll be spending a little more time over here and a lot less of my time over there. :yes:

too bad you're not looking for a motorcycle, my sister is selling her MZ Skorpion because she got a new bike to race this year.

?? so I'm looking for a reason

Tell you what, adding Spin zone here made a huge difference.

Thanks to most everyone here for making the mod job easier....

Just had a thread deleted here,
from Hangar Talk... in the "Paris H" thread...

Reason given in a PM? : Too political.

I was just giving contrast, to the issues people think newsworthy,
and gave situations where the USA is under attack, but no one
seems to care....

Some spoiled rich brat goes to jail for a night and it's all people can talk about!

If that was the case, and it was indeed political, it should have been moved to the spin zone.

Other threads get moved... why was mine deleted, and a "WARNING" issued ?
And.... accusations of commenting on Immigration Policy??
I never mentioned anything about that!

My right to free speech has been violated.

I voiced my opinion to the deleter, and have yet to recieve a reply.

I wonder why.......

Now, I'll probably be labelled as a troublemaker.... (sigh!)

OH yeah....
the page header says:
Hangar Talk Open forum for discussion of any topic you like, aviation related or otherwise. Virtually all topics in this forum are permitted - so long as they are discussed in a civil manner.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back