Fun Flight Ideas: What do you love to do?

TK211X

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Him
Let me start with a story....

On my very first flight -dual- starting training there was so much joy and wonder. Going through training more and more there is less of that until I finally passed my check-ride. After that, I completely zoned away. Every flight after my check-ride ended up being serious and always stressing myself to fly professionally and constantly triple-check everything.

It wasn't until the first time a friend wanted to just go up simply for the fun of it that I got that feeling back of pure fun, we went up to 8000ft and started making figure 8's in the air high above a blanket of clouds and just simply relax and have fun with steep turns and slow flight etc.

I want to know, what do you do when you go out on a flight simply to have fun? (I've seen people dropping toilet paper and tracking it down online for instance)

Edit: Wrong location for thread... Just realized this can someone move it?

Last edited:
Flew 2 friends to this tiny little backwoods place with a good bbq joint on the field. Let each of them do a little flying. That was fun for me, hopefully fun for them.

Transport a monkey figurine across the country?

Was doing the operation fly US,,was good fun ,but the site is now not active. Hope to get into transporting the monkey. Also like to find the airport diners who have pilots hanging around.

:confused::confused::confused:Am I missing something or is there actually some weird-monkey-figurine-thing? Or you guys are joking.....

I'm honestly confused now since three of you have mentioned :lol: .......

The monkey does exist and is ready for a ride. This could be fun,you get to meet other members

On topic, my favorite "fun" flight is to fly from my home base, Cape Girardeau, MO (KCGI) up the Mississippi River about 200' to 300' AWL, staying above the water the entire time...going over, around (or under) the bridges to my hometown, Ste. Genevieve, MO (6MO2).

I fly low and slow, following the river's meandering course, for about 45 minutes.

I land at the little grass strip in my hometown-which is typically anywhere from 1300' to 1600'- walk about a mile into town, have lunch at one of the diners or lunch spots and then fly home. Again staying over the river the entire way.

It's a hoot and very relaxing.

Back