Skycatcher for Sale

Snaproll

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Snaproll
Placing my father's Skycatcher C162 on the market if anyone is interested. N162YE has under 100 hours TTAF and Engine, recently added second MFD and Autopilot, stored in hangar at RIR since new, no damage, condition inspection through 1 September, and all bulletins complied with. My father, Ray Stits, passed away 8 June of natural causes, and had flown Young Eagles in the Skycatcher two weeks prior. Asking $70K or best offer for the C162. Will post a picture when available. VR.. Don Stits Can be reached at dstits@msn.com

Sorry for your loss,good luck on the sale.

Ray Stits, the developer of the Poly-Fiber process, which revolutionized aircraft fabric coverings. Another of the pioneers gone. He left a legacy seen on many, many airplanes, including three I re-covered.

Dan

My father, Ray Stits, passed away 8 June of natural causes, and had flown Young Eagles in the Skycatcher two weeks prior.

Ray Stits, the developer of the Poly-Fiber process, which revolutionized aircraft fabric coverings. Another of the pioneers gone. He left a legacy seen on many, many airplanes, including three I re-covered.

Dan

Wow. That sounds like a life well lived! Sounds like he did it right. Sorry for the loss Don and really wish you the best with the grieving process and the sale.

THE Ray Stits? Gosh, that'd make it almost worth owning the Skycatcher!

I kid of course. I am sorry for the OP's loss, though he must be very proud of his father's accomplishments. Much good luck with the sale.

Ray Stits, who's covering is on so many beautiful classic aircraft, owner a skycatcher?!

Sorry for your loss, good luck with the sale.

Ray Stits, who's covering is on so many beautiful classic aircraft, owner a skycatcher?!

Sorry for your loss, good luck with the sale.

Ray grew tired of taking flight physicals at 90, sold his 182, and started flying light sport. Tough change for a guy with multi engine, helicopter, and seaplane ratings, but it kept him in the air. He liked the Skycatcher because of the Continental engine. I flew it several times and it was a good handling bird. I usually ask guys who knock birds "how many have you designed?" and usually receive the same response.... As Ray and I both have airplanes in museums, I tended to trust his judgment.
VR.. Don

...I usually ask guys who knock birds "how many have you designed?" and usually receive the same response.... As Ray and I both have airplanes in museums, I tended to trust his judgment.
VR.. Don

Great retort.

Sorry for your loss. Saw the tribute to both Ray and Jeremy in this month's Sport Aviation.

Condolences,
Jim

Sorry for your loss.

Where is the aircraft located? Looking forward to the pictures.

Chris

RIR = Flabob.

I have a little over 10 hours in a Skycatcher. Not a bad little airplane,

The Skycatcher sold 8 July. VR.. Don

Back