First solo

Catalo

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Catalo
I had my first solo today at Chicago executive. Everything went great. Went up with my instructor did one landing, went great so he jumped out on the ramp. Off I go. Turn on my camera do my first landing, a little off center but good. Second tower switches traffic during takeoff roll,ok. land and do my 3rd takeoff. Greased the 3rd landing tower told me nice job. Got home and tried to post the video. The camera was not in video mode. I got one picture before my first takeoff.
-Nick

:) .. I actually did the same thing on my first solo. I thought I had my video camera rolling but it wasnt.

btw, Congrats!!

Thank you. Luckly my mom and gf got plenty of video

Airplane flies much better without the instructor, doesn't it? Congrats!

Airplane flies much better without the instructor, doesn't it? Congrats!
I noticed it took off much faster. And turns were a little different. Thank you

Congratulations! And yeah, trying to be a pilot and a cinematographer at the same time is no mean feat.

Awesome!

And now you can go recreate that solo video anytime!

went up solo today to the practice area. did steep turns, stalls, ground reference. just cruised around most of the time to get used to being alone.

As a newly minted pilot myself, you will forget a lot of little details like that. My first solo I didn't fuss with any extra gear, but my instructor grabbed some great pics from the ground. My second solo (bravo solo here at kslc) was different. I did get the gopro up and running ... you should have seen my pattern ... I think I flew a 3 mile downwind before turning base. The controller didn't say anything, bless his/her patient heart.

Congrats,enjoy the flying,let someone else worry about the videos.

Congratulations on your solo! That's huge. Life will never be the same from here on.

Video may be lost to posterity, but the memories won't be. Congrats!

Congrats on the solo!
They didn't have portable video cameras when I soloed...hell they didn't even have digital cameras lol

Back