Products that Work

Agreed. If you're drinking drip coffee, you CANNOT beat a Bunn. 2-1/2 minutes for a 12-cup pot of coffee, and it's GOOD coffee.

We have one put away just in case we ever need it. We thought it made really good coffee until we tried a super automatic espresso machine... absolute heaven.

Yep, I have owned about 5 super automatics. They make great coffee, but only last a couple of years (I have tried several brands). It is still worth it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thirded. Oakley glasses are worth the premium price tag.

What am I doing wrong then? I've owned Oakleys off-and-on for 20 years, and I'm constantly scratching the lenses. And I don't do anything super-extreme in them...

I switched to the Flak Jacket ones this last time, so at least I can replace just the lenses, at half price...

Hoppes Elite gun cleaner. The same thing as M Pro 7 cleaner, relabeled. Beats Hoppes #9 in every way. Melts the carbon, and quickly. Non-toxic, no odor. Best gun cleaner I've ever used.

Works real well for cleaning fine-wire plugs too. Soak them overnight in Hoppe's up to the top of the threads. Not a speck of carbon or deposits, clean as a whistle.

What am I doing wrong then? I've owned Oakleys off-and-on for 20 years, and I'm constantly scratching the lenses. And I don't do anything super-extreme in them...

I switched to the Flak Jacket ones this last time, so at least I can replace just the lenses, at half price...

Well don't know about the others, but I'm talking about prescription lens Oakley's myself.

Can get 'em in whatever substance to resist scratching that you like. ;)

Thirded. Oakley glasses are worth the premium price tag.

There's only one true sunglass maker: Scheyden. Just ordered another pair. Been wearing Serengeties for about a year and just can't stand them any more, back to the clearest optics in the land for me.

Afrin. If you have swollen sinuses, Afrin nasal spray will open the passages in a matter of seconds. It is the only medicine I ever remember taking which had such an immediate impact.

The downside is that if you use it for more than 2-3 days straight, your sinus tissue gets used to it and you *need* Afrin to keep the passages open. Not a good addiction, but if you know how the product works, it is an avoidable problem.

Afrin. If you have swollen sinuses, Afrin nasal spray will open the passages in a matter of seconds. It is the only medicine I ever remember taking which had such an immediate impact.

The downside is that if you use it for more than 2-3 days straight, your sinus tissue gets used to it and you *need* Afrin to keep the passages open. Not a good addiction, but if you know how the product works, it is an avoidable problem.

Yep, in my hay fever days (living in the Midwest), I would shoot ONE nostril each night at bedtime. This would be enough to let me sleep.

The next night, I would shoot the other nostril. By alternating nostrils, I avoided the dependency that I allowed to develop one horrible summer. That year I used Afrin liberally, and after a few weeks I literally could not breath WITHOUT that stuff.

I had to go "cold turkey", breathing through my mouth for a week before the sinuses relaxed. But you're right -- NOTHING works faster or better than that stuff.

zenni optical.com
My difficult prescription, lenses and frame, $35 dollars, delivered in 2 weeks. My family with normal eyes, can do it for $20 per pair. Great for kids in sports because there is a lot less ouch when they inevitably get broken.

Costco
Really high quality at respectable prices. If you like something they have, better stock as up, as lot of it rotates through never to come back.

+1 for zenni. Anyone who buys glasses at lens crafters is an idiot as far as I'm concerned...

Good porterhouse steak

My 00 BMW 528 station wagon/pickup truck

milwaulkee 18v drill and impact driver. great battery life and ribs if power from both...

Lehr propane string trimmer. No 2 stroke smell, starts on the first pull EVERY time....

Yep, I have owned about 5 super automatics. They make great coffee, but only last a couple of years (I have tried several brands). It is still worth it.
Our De Longhi Magnifica started leaking after 4 years, but I was able to fix it with O-rings and clips from McMaster-Carr. Then we picked up a second one... the local Sam's Club had some on the shelf, and I scored one for $200 when it took them a few months to move them. Score! Now we have a backup.

And yeah, why would I go to all that expense and all that work? The coffee is worth it, that's why.

I totally agree...

I purchased a pair of Oakleys a long time ago...the lenses constantly got scratched no matter how careful I was...

It was the first - and last time I purchased sunglasses with polycarbonate lenses ( i.e. plastic )...

I've owned Ray Bans, Persol and Serengetis since then ( optical glass lenses ) and never experienced any problem - not one single scratch on them...

----------
Trojan Condoms
----------
I''m 100% STD free, and no unplanned pregnancies. They been used while sober, and intoxicated. In both instances they have worked like a champ!!!!

:) :) :) :)

----------
Lightspeed Zulu 2
----------
I love how comfortable and quiet they are. The bluetooth connectivity is a must when using the iPad and having an inflight movie

----------
iPad
----------
Great to use w/Garmin Pilot for Flight Planning & Navigation. This is just all around a MUST for me.

Sent from my iPhone using An APP that doesn't pay me to advertise for them.

Last edited:
Well don't know about the others, but I'm talking about prescription lens Oakley's myself.

Can get 'em in whatever substance to resist scratching that you like. ;)

same here. I have 2 pair of prescription shades, and my day to day glasses are oakley.. the frames are awesome.. my non scrip oakleys worn with contacts are scratch free.

ZenniOptical.com get your prescription and cut out the giant eyeglass monopoloy of Luxottica Group that owns most of the eyeglass brands and stores (even those that appear to be competitors).

Brands[edit]

Persol sunglasses

Ray-Ban sunglasses

Luxottica's two main product offerings are sunglasses and prescription frames. The company operates in two sectors: manufacturing & wholesale distribution, and retail distribution.[14]

The house brands include:[15][16]
  • Arnette
  • Eye Safety Systems (ESS)
  • K&L (formerly Killer Loop)
  • Oakley

The company also creates eyewear under license for designer labels such as:[15][17]

The most recent deal was with Tory Burch. These brands are sold in the company's own shops, as well as to independent distributors such as department stores, duty-free shops and opticians.
Retail[edit]

Luxottica Retail has more than 7,000 retail locations in the United States, South America, Canada, China, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Israel, the United Kingdom and United Arab Emirates.[11] The headquarters of the retail division is in Mason, Ohio.[11] Their retail banners include:
  • Optical Shop of Aspen
  • Surfeyes
  • Laubman & Pank
  • ICON
  • Grand Optics LLC

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Wipe-New works? The stuff you wipe on sun weathered plastic that supposedly restores it.

There's only one true sunglass maker: Scheyden. Just ordered another pair. Been wearing Serengeties for about a year and just can't stand them any more, back to the clearest optics in the land for me.

The Oakleys are the non-Sunglasses.

Agreed on Scheydens for sunglasses. Best optics I've ever had in prescription shades. Their shop does a nice job, and my eye Doc agrees.

After I told him they beat his lab, he looked them over to see if they were doing any tricks like upping the power a smidge to make themselves look better... They're not. He liked their lab's work.

Back