Destin, Fl Pilots

jsmtiger

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
jsmtiger
Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. I live in Destin, Fl and have decided to get my PPL. I have my first lesson on Thursday. I'm looking for any pilots in the local area that may let me pick their brain or let me share expenses on some local flights. I have a good bit of time on my hands and plan on flying 4-5 times per week while getting my license. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. I live in Destin, Fl and have decided to get my PPL. I have my first lesson on Thursday. I'm looking for any pilots in the local area that may let me pick their brain or let me share expenses on some local flights. I have a good bit of time on my hands and plan on flying 4-5 times per week while getting my license. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

I don't live there, we do have a condo on Holiday Isle and I have been flying down there for the last 20+ years. :D Lot's of part time residents like me there, not as many fulltimers I would guess. Are you flying out of Destin or Crestview? Either way great views while you are up and buzzing around. If you can fly 4-5 times per week, you should sail right through getting your ticket, it's tougher when you don't fly on a regular basis. :D
Best of luck, John

Thanks John. I live out in Sandestin and will be flying out of Destin. I was coming back on a charter from New Orleans this weekend and the beautiful fews convinced me go ahead and start the process. I'm very excited to get out and learn the ropes.

Howdy. I live in Destin and operate out of Destin Airport (Grumman Tiger). I am also a part time CFI-I/MEI for Eglin Aero Club and the Club Council chair. You are more than welcome to pick my brain any time, and I wouldnt mind splitting costs on weekend flights as well. Feel Free to PM me.

Dave M

I go over that way quite a bit (condo is on west end of PCB).

My brother recently solo'd and is working on his ppl over in panama city (northwest beaches airport) as well.

Maybe we could all meet up sometime.

-Rob

Would love to Rob. I haven't looked into PCB, but it might be a good idea.

Welcome to the forum! I'm sure you'll find some pilots down there eventually. Good luck with your training it will be a blast! :rollercoaster:

Just watch out for the runway closures! We're in the process of rehabbing the pavement there. Check your Notams.

Yea, I had a charter booked out of there last Thursday night for 10:30 and we had to leave at 8:30 because they were shutting down the runway. Do you know how long the resurfacing is going to take?

I'm over in Tallahassee but I fly out of Marianna, FL (finishing up my PPL). How difficult is the airspace over that way to manage? I'd love to fly the coastline.

Yea, I had a charter booked out of there last Thursday night for 10:30 and we had to leave at 8:30 because they were shutting down the runway. Do you know how long the resurfacing is going to take?
Last schedule I saw called for closed 9 pm -6 am from Jan 21 - Feb 4, then closed completely from 9 pm Feb 4- 6 am Feb 12, then closed 9 pm - 6 am from March 12-16 and March 18-19.

Back