My wife just pranked me!

Jaybird180

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Jaybird180
We're at my in-law's house and stayed the night. This morning it's time to get packed after breakfast and get back home. I'm tending to our 1month old and she's in the shower. Since she packed the bags and knows where everything is, I needed to ask where something is, so I knock on the door to ask. While I'm in the bathroom, she asks me for the white bottle of liquid body soap. I hand it to her through the curtain and leave.

The bathroom's now clear and my turn to shower. She's run out all the hot water and it's just barely lukewarm. Not waiting anymore (I don't like cold showers, but I've had worse than this - and I'm ready to get home) I decide to go for it - just make it quick.

I wet down and grab the same white bottle that she left in the shower and begin to apply it all over and wondering why it's not lathering up. READ the bottle and realize .... aw Crap! Lotion! She got me! In cold water slathered with lotion.:rofl:

Mistake corrected, shower over. I asked and she confessed. Good one. My wife is not normally a prankster.

I need a good one to return the favor. Ideas?

Unscrew your showerhead, insert a chicken bullion cube, replace showerhead.

We're at my in-law's house and stayed the night. This morning it's time to get packed after breakfast and get back home. I'm tending to our 1month old and she's in the shower. Since she packed the bags and knows where everything is, I needed to ask where something is, so I knock on the door to ask. While I'm in the bathroom, she asks me for the white bottle of liquid body soap. I hand it to her through the curtain and leave.

The bathroom's now clear and my turn to shower. She's run out all the hot water and it's just barely lukewarm. Not waiting anymore (I don't like cold showers, but I've had worse than this - and I'm ready to get home) I decide to go for it - just make it quick.

I wet down and grab the same white bottle that she left in the shower and begin to apply it all over and wondering why it's not lathering up. READ the bottle and realize .... aw Crap! Lotion! She got me! In cold water slathered with lotion.:rofl:

Mistake corrected, shower over. I asked and she confessed. Good one. My wife is not normally a prankster.

I need a good one to return the favor. Ideas?

You should never leave her in the shower alone!

You might have to experiment a bit however there are, or were, bubble bath beads that the gel container dissolves and release the bubbly soap after a short bit. Put those in the shower head. Just about the time the shower is done, poof, a lot more soap, and it won't go away for a few minutes.

Never heard of it.

Lets all assume I want a laugh and not a ticket to divorce court.

What's not funny when someone walks around all day smelling like chicken soup or an extra from the movie Avatar?

Tell her you are going to the store. Come back two days later.

Better yet. Don't do anything.
Keep talking about how she got you for a week. Then the next time she goes to take a shower, kinda follow along and stop at the end of the hall with a silly dumb looking grin on your face like you're up to something. The paranoia level alone should be adequate revenge..especially when nothing happens..that time.

Better yet. Don't do anything.
Keep talking about how she got you for a week. Then the next time she goes to take a shower, kinda follow along and stop at the end of the hall with a silly dumb looking grin on your face like you're up to something. The paranoia level alone should be adequate revenge..especially when nothing happens..that time.

I like that idea! Haha :yes:

You need to borrow your mechanic's tube of Prussian Blue.

A little bit of silver nitrate will go a long way. But not until she gets in the sunlight!

[No, don't do this -- silver nitrate can burn if it's any more than a trace].

I like that idea! Haha :yes:

I like the idea as well, paranoia will get to her. Of course proving that you aren't going to do anything will be harder. You may want to send her to this thread. :-D

Send her a bouquet of flowers, a box of chocolates, and call it square. Remember that she's been dealing with a little baby and needs a little TLC.
And on the plus side, she'll really think you're up to something.

1. Turn off valve at your hot water heater and video.

2. Install baby powder(made of talc only not corn starch) in hair dryer. Beware- this is an inhalation hazard.

Last edited:
Install 1-2 oz of baby powder into a nice powerful hair dryer and video as it blast her on start up.

I was thinking about that one. Not sure how many marriages might not survive it, though.

This thread is reminding me my anniversary is next month......

2. Install 1-2 oz of baby powder into a nice powerful hair dryer and video as it blast her on start up.

You do realize that's a bomb, right?

Modern baby powder is finely ground cornstarch, and it will burn explosively when suspended in the air. And a hairdryer can be an ignition source as well.

Your life just depends on getting the mixture "wrong." Which is fairly likely, but it's a really, really bad bet.

I changed above post to talc which is still an inhalation hazard. Like anything else we do in life, research and be careful.

Simple and low tech. Next time she's in the shower come into the bathroom and brush your teeth. Bring a large cup with you into the bathroom (think super big gulp cup). As you brush your teeth, fill the cup with ice cold water from the sink. When your teeth are clean, simply grab the cup and dump it over the shower curtain directly on to your wife's head and body.

I think there is one tiny detail you guys have seem to forgotten. Woman do not forget...ever. What ever revenge you extract, multiply by ten.. that is the price you will pay.

The wise man will forget revenge entirely.

-John

I think there is one tiny detail you guys have seem to forgotten. Woman do not forget...ever. What ever revenge you extract, multiply by ten.. that is the price you will pay.

The wise man will forget revenge entirely.

-John

John is correct. Took my wife's picture from the passengers seat with my smart phone while she was getting a speeding ticket. Made the mistake of sending to a friend. By evening all our friends had a copy including the trooper who pulled us over. It cost me new living room furniture.

John is correct. Took my wife's picture from the passengers seat with my smart phone while she was getting a speeding ticket. Made the mistake of sending to a friend. By evening all our friends had a copy including the trooper who pulled us over. It cost me new living room furniture.

:needpics::needpics::needpics:

Take some of that same lotion you ended up using in the shower, dump out her shampoo bottle, and put the lotion in the bottle.

Dan

Put some baby oil in her shampoo. It'll be good for her hair but it will be REALLY shiny. Proceed to call her fonzy.

My wife sez, "the mother of a 1 month old is wayyy to busy to prank you". Read the label next time. "I'll bet that's what she used last, so that was what was left there".

My wife sez, "the mother of a 1 month old is wayyy to busy to prank you". Read the label next time. "I'll bet that's what she used last, so that was what was left there".

No, she confirmed the setup. I guess she knew I'd fail to read:mad2:

Oh boy I wish I could as it would add to the humor in this thread but I can't afford to make the same mistake twice! She picked out a REALLY expensive sofa. :(

Unless the OP wants to start a game of "oneupmanship", he best let it go, and allow the wife wonder what is coming next.

The best revenge is to do nothing, for the next two weeks just look at her and smile and don't say a word. When she wants to know why you are doing that just say no reason dear and smile. She will interpret this as you planning to get even and the suspense will drive her crazy. Works every time.

I'm still stuck on why you didn't come running out of the shower all lubed up screaming "It burns! It burns!" while running naked past the in-laws.

There would have never been another prank, ever.

I'm still stuck on why you didn't come running out of the shower all lubed up screaming "It burns! It burns!" while running naked past the in-laws.

There would have never been another prank, ever.

And a great way to keep those "pesky" in-laws from EVER visiting again too.:yes:;)

Back