Happy Birthday Nate (denverpilot)

Same from me too... :wink2:

I think he turns 82 today...:D:hairraise:

Happy birthday...you're not getting older, you're.....

Well yeah, you are getting older. Just like the rest of us. But to quote my father, beats the alternative unless you have a tardis.

82 and still flying. Gotta respect that. Happy Birthday. :)

Happy birthday...you're not getting older, you're.....

Well yeah, you are getting older. Just like the rest of us. But to quote my father, beats the alternative unless you have a tardis.

One ages faster the more words typed per post, right? That would surely make Nate older than 82! :D

Happy Birthday, Nate!

Happy Birthday. May many Italian leather wallets be bestowed on you.

Hope your birthday wishes come true!

Just for you buddy! Happy Birthday. And don't forget to save the sheep.

Yeah but...............................

Did ya get a new 4 legged friend for your B day ???:dunno:

No. Still tempted but we thought real hard about the old "who's going to go home for the dog" routine and that we really want a year to roam around a bit in the airplane without messing with kennels or finding pet-friendly places to stay, and we've back-burner'd it again for now.

It's not so much a matter of if, but of when... some pound pup will eventually steal our hearts and we'll do it.

I also need to get back in the gym routine bad. Jan-Oct I put 20 lbs back on just spending too much time eating "comfort foods" and not exercising like I should. Some of that related to doggie grief and boredom, more because I got lazy.

Tonight's dinner was kinda a "last hoorah" for that silliness. I'm also bummed that the excellent salad bar place that was right across the street from the house, folded a while back.

That's all they did, soup, salad, and baked potatoes. It was a great way to avoid BAD food when dining alone on Karen's rehearsal and gig nights.

Couldn't really pick a bad option in that place. Sucks that it went under. Was my "habit" place to go to stay out of culinary trouble. Going to have to find another healthy joint. There's another similar place a few miles away and it's somewhat between home and the gym. Not quite as limited on options, but I think it'll work.

Me and veggies have some re-acquainting to do. And frankly, once I had the metabolism up, as long as I didn't pound down cheeseburgers every day, I could have a few.

I think maybe if I could hire Terry Tate, Office Linebacker, for motivation, I'd be fine. Heh.

Best Superbowl Ad, ever.

Sorry I missed it, but being a guy, I know your feelings are not hurt.

Happy birthday.

So, what's your plan for sloughing off excess you? I am in the same boat, having stopped all exercise when I got the pinched nerve (remember how I was at Gastons?).

Definitely no hurt feelings here!

Spike, the only thing that has ever worked for me is eating less and exercising more. Heh. Go figure.

If I start shoving heavy things around (weights) and building muscle mass, the metabolism skyrockets compared to doing nothing. Have to up the protein intake or I bonk pretty hard, though.

The nerve thing is tough, man. Maybe swimming?

Did an hour of mindless movement on the elliptical at the gym this morning. The Mrs went along and she's not into long workouts.

To do my usual that works for me, an hour of mindless aerobics and then however long it takes me to rotate through either an upper body or lower body weight set on the machines. Give the opposite muscles a break.

She won't hang around at the gym that long, so it was just aerobics today.

The one thing I really hate doing is abdominal muscles. The "ab ripper" DVD from the P90X box set just ticks me off to no end, but it works. I can usually be found rolling around on the floor whining like a little girl afterward. :)

Caught you on the day on social media, but thought better late than never here.

Happy Birthday my friend!
Hope you and the misses are doing well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Mike... thanks all, again really.

The first week of my 40s have been ... fine I guess. Going to probably change oil on the airplane this weekend... super exciting, isn't it? LOL...

(What's goofy is, I like doing that. Except if we spill...) :)

HBD. Hope you went to Falling Rock, and sampled everything they have on tap.

I know I am real late but just wanted to let you know I hope you had a happy birthday. ( after all I am getting pretty old.)

My 40s have been the best for me. I will miss them

Fly: DA40, 172, PA38, CTLS
Building Zenith CH750
KVGT
Sent from my SAMSUNG-S3 using Tapatalk 2

Back