Where's Nick?

Richard

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ack...city life
It's been some time since I've heard anything about Nick's endeavour. Nick, you got something lined up for this wknd?

He was stuck somewhere last night because of weather. I saw him in chat.

Richard said:
It's been some time since I've heard anything about Nick's endeavour. Nick, you got something lined up for this wknd?

Yeah, Richard, I actually have quite a few stories saved up that need posting. I've been pretty busy. Right now, I'm stuck for another night in Fort Collins, CO, and the second part of my vacation to Las Vegas may not happen now :(

You should see airports 10 through 20 coming very quickly.

N2212R said:
He was stuck somewhere last night because of weather. I saw him in chat.

:( sad story. Such is the life of a pilot, eh?

SkyHog said:
Right now, I'm stuck for another night in Fort Collins, CO, and the second part of my vacation to Las Vegas may not happen now :(
I wondered how your trip was coming since we had snow last night.

SkyHog said:
:( sad story. Such is the life of a pilot, eh?

Nick. It's winter. Why do you think My trips are in the summer? LOL

SkyHog said:
Yeah, Richard, I actually have quite a few stories saved up that need posting. I've been pretty busy. Right now, I'm stuck for another night in Fort Collins, CO, and the second part of my vacation to Las Vegas may not happen now :(

You should see airports 10 through 20 coming very quickly.
When I first read Ed Fred's repsponse I was thinking, What Wx!? Oh, I guess if he headed up to CO he could run into some wx. Nice going, Nick. It's winter, you know.

Nick, your going to learn about the wx one way or the other. Preferably it would be the one way and not the other. Maybe you can catch Scott Dennstaedt's wx seminar.

N2212R said:
Nick. It's winter. Why do you think My trips are in the summer? LOL

Living where he does, Nick probably thinks winter is the best time to fly:D.

SkyHog said:
Right now, I'm stuck for another night in Fort Collins, CO,

Well there is worse places to be stuck. Denver is 45 minutes away as is world class skiing, snow mobiling, snow showing, etc. Denver has no snow, OK we got an inch two nights ago, but the mountains have tons of snow! Go play!

I wonder if Nick's on his way. It was gorgeous in Denver and points southwest today. We took some people to Scottsdale and coming back I could see Pikes Peak from over Farmington, NM which is about 200 miles. :yes:

Everskyward said:
I wonder if Nick's on his way. It was gorgeous in Denver and points southwest today. We took some people to Scottsdale and coming back I could see Pikes Peak from over Farmington, NM which is about 200 miles. :yes:

Yep - Nick was on his way....back to Albuquerque that is. I got amazing tailwinds too, at times, almost pushing 200knots ground speed. I decided to try the La Veta pass on the way home too, nice and easy, but whoo boy was there some turbulence in there.

I decided to go back to Albuquerque instead of Las Vegas for 2 reasons:

1) Albuquerque may not be so clear tomorrow
2) One day in Vegas would not be enough for me. I'll go another day sometime.

It actually feels good to be home - and aside from me detouring to land at some of the northern airports in New Mexico, I could have made the flight from 3V5 to KAEG today in about 2 hours, which is absolutely amazing (its a 7-8 hour drive).

Back