Where can I find the STC for this Super Venturi?

texasclouds

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Mark
My I/A wants me to find the STC allowing this horn to be installed on my C170. Any tips on where to look?

“richter aero equipment essex ny super venturi”

IMG_1857.jpegIMG_2382.jpeg

TCDS or other original certification documentation For your airplane?

Last edited:
My I/A wants me to find the STC allowing this horn to be installed on my C170. Any tips on where to look?
Are you replacing an existing one?
Does it have "AN5807-1" or "B-4" stamped on it?
How long is the venturi tube?

Are you replacing an existing one?
Does it have "AN5807-1" or "B-4" stamped on it?
How long is the venturi tube?

Original horns are missing. I want to remove the stc front-mounted, belt drive dry vacuum pump and install a horn with no moving parts for basic VFR flying.

This is an aftermarket part. I would have to measure it but probably approx 12” overall length.

Original horns are missing.
Exactly. So don't really understand why he's asking for a STC? At most, I would think a PMA would suffice for a purist. However, you'll find most venturis were built to AN specs and can fall under standard parts (no PMA). Check the dimensions against the ones below and if they're close I'd call it good. But its his ticket so I would defer to that.

In my book, since Cessna offered large venturis as a factory option, the install is a minor alteration per FAA guidance. And even if you can't determine your Richter meets the AN5807 spec, which was the Cessna call out, then substituting the Richter for the Cessna AN would also be a minor alteration. In other words, all venturi work would only be under a log entry provided you follow the factory guidance. The only thing that may require a 337 is the removal of the vacuum pump install but that will depend on the data from that specific installation/alteration.

1696604397601.png

Back