Turbo cessna 210 with sagging engine (new mounts installed)

bruceanthony

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
brucealmighty1
Hello, i have a T210 that recently had an annual. My AMO replaced the 4 mounts as he said the old ones were tired and sagging. Upon receipt of the aircraft the sagging engine remains the same. Any ideas? Can the front mounts be shimmed to raise the front of the engine to align the engine spinner neatly with the engine cowling??

Ummm.....what do you suppose the engine is doing when operating? I bet it ain't sagging in the same position.

Check the service manual. Shim washers may be required in some installations.

After reading endless first hand owner experiences I came to the conclusion that is the best solution.

Thanks guys. I checked the manual and found nothing specific. Someone mentioned the 4-pore insulator route, but that would just keep vibrations to a minimum; won't really relieve the problem. Thinking of fitting 1/4 inch shims to the front two mounts and just installing longer mounting attachment bolts. Thought please??

I wouldn't sign that off...without some sort of approval or data.

My thoughts on this agree with you. This must be such a common problem as there are hundreds of T210's around. My one has no damage history whatsoever and the mounts are less than 50 flight hours old.

I have searched but i would really be grateful if some bright spark may offer assistence with this SB!!

I have searched but i would really be grateful if some bright spark may offer assistence with this SB!!
The Service Letter is about 200 Series vibration but I've seen it referenced when talking about the sagging engine issue
SE80-71
https://support.cessna.com/custsupt/contacts/pubs/ourpdf.pdf?as_id=43789

Also check SE83-14 as it expands on troubleshooting vibration and also mentions the shims (Figure 5)
https://support.cessna.com/custsupt/contacts/pubs/ourpdf.pdf?as_id=28285

To lookup service documents from Cessna for free go here and create an account:
Cessna Support

Last edited:
I'd be looking at the engine mount and firewall, too. But ultimately the manual will control.

I have received a "FAA Field Approval" to install the P210 engine shock mounts on the 200 series planes that use the cheaper version. It is also possible your A&P would see using these mounts in place of the 'cheap" mounts as a minor alteration. I install the Barry mounts but the Lords would be just as good. I now have had a 210L go a complete TBO on 1 set of mounts. No sag or deteriorated mounts.

I have received a "FAA Field Approval" to install the P210 engine shock mounts on the 200 series planes that use the cheaper version. It is also possible your A&P would see using these mounts in place of the 'cheap" mounts as a minor alteration. I install the Barry mounts but the Lords would be just as good. I now have had a 210L go a complete TBO on 1 set of mounts. No sag or deteriorated mounts.

Hey Mike,
I am in the process of changing mounts on my T210L. What is the difference between original mounts and the P210 mounts? My email is davisb@netins.net if that is easier to communicate through. Thanks

Back