Today was one of those days

texasclouds

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Mark
Took off out of Memphis, everything seemed fine until I had an engine fire on the right engine. Put out the fire and decided lets call it a day. Asked for vectors back to airport. Then my EADI went black, had to fly it composite view on the EHSI. After landing single engine, I decided to restart the engine and lets fly some more. Departed, leveled off, then a dual generator failure. Yep, vectors to final on an ILS with a peanut gyro, RMI for heading, and an old school CDI/GS. After landing that goat rodeo, decided let’s go fly again. What’s the worst that could happen. Then I died and my copilot had to land it. Lucky for me he made a nice landing so I can have an open casket.

Planning to fly again tomorrow!

Took off out of Memphis, everything seemed fine until I had an engine fire on the right engine. Put out the fire and decided lets call it a day. Asked for vectors back to airport. Then my EADI went black, had to fly it composite view on the EHSI. After landing single engine, I decided to restart the engine and lets fly some more. Departed, leveled off, then a dual generator failure. Yep, vectors to final on an ILS with a peanut gyro, RMI for heading, and an old school CDI/GS. After landing that goat rodeo, decided let’s go fly again. What’s the worst that could happen. Then I died and my copilot had to land it. Lucky for me he made a nice landing so I can have an open casket.

Planning to fly again tomorrow!

6/10 Troll Score. You forgot to add in something about how the controller was an absolute jerk to you because he hates you for no reason and that you are sure the maintenance guys are gunning for you and that's why everything failed. Oh, and you should probably be suing the airport for some reason.

Reminds me of the time I lost the vacuum pump in an aircraft with a glass cockpit. Truly harrowing.

You lost me at peanut gyro.

Stick with Doom, it's much more rewarding.

Back