Closed Thinking of moving to a twin - 1958 Comanche 250 for sale.

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
Well,

We think we are moving up to a twin so putting up the Comanche to see what sort of interest is out there. Probably will get it up on TAP and/or Controller soon as well.

Hangared since purchase in 2009.
Gear up on grass in early 2000's before I owned.
TTAF: 3850
SMOH: 1650
Cylinders: 550 SNEW
Compressions: 1-79/80, 2-76/80, 3-79/80, 4-78/80, 5-78/80, 6-76/80
McCauley 3-blade prop - No 500hr recurring AD
JL Osborne Tip Tanks (increases useful load and max gross 200lbs)

Aussie Tail Horn (Eliminates 2012-17-06)
97-01-01 R1 c/w in 2023
77-13-21(c) is coming due this year (could be complied with before transfer if it completes the sale)

New headliner/carpet 2019
Front reclining seats with under-seat storage
New seat upholstery 2020
3rd seat center belt in rear seat

Dual G5's
GNS430W
SL-40 COM
Narco 121 (INOP)
L3 Lynx NGT9000 ADSB-In/Out
MVP50 Engine Analyzer

Custom cover
Cowl plugs
Extra original front seats

NO AUTOPILOT.

Starting the price at $120,000
Giving permission for members to comment on price because we've seen other Comanches anywhere from 89k to 165k and have no idea where we should be on price..

PM with any questions/interest.

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 83
  • leftrear.jpg
    leftrear.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 82
  • rightfront.jpg
    rightfront.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 80
  • leftengine.jpg
    leftengine.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 76
  • rightengine.jpg
    rightengine.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 98
  • panel.JPG
    panel.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 98
  • frontseats.jpg
    frontseats.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 97
  • rearseats.jpg
    rearseats.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 77
  • baggage.jpg
    baggage.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 73
  • pocket.jpg
    pocket.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 79
@RyanB standing on the wing walk to ogle should increase the value somewhat, don’t forget to mention that.

Looks good!

As far as price...in this market? Who knows LOL. Seems to be in the ballpark though.

The important question, what twin do you like?

There's only one answer to this question: Twin Comanche I would assume. I heard the only time a Comanche owner sells a Comanche is when they move up to a Twin Comanche.

In terms of price, I think you're in the ballpark. I would post it on TAP, Controller and Barnstormers and see what happens. At the end of the day, buyers will determine the value and you will decide if it's enough for you. For context, I, internally for myself (as I don't intend to sell mine) value my Comanche at $100,000. My engine time is a little higher than yours, my interior is much older than yours, and my panel is straight out of the 60s with a few exceptions (radio and audio panel is newer). I don't have tip tanks either so I think your $120,000 seems just about right.

Good luck with the sale and good luck with finding a Twin Comanche. There is a nice one up for sale in Canada right now. Comes with a good 20% discount due to currency conversion ;-)

I’ve always liked Ed’s Comanche and have flown in it probably half a dozen times over the time he’s owned it (and I remember that back to his initial purchase).

If I was in the market for such a plane, this is the one I’d buy.

I wouldn't let you upfront either. ;)

Don't pick on the poor guy. He's a 777 pilot now, you don't need to worry about door issues just because he's in the plane.

Which twin are you thinking about?

I’ve been also contemplating the Comanche and Twin Comanche. For the single Comanche there’s one for 115k on TAP with 801 snew? and A/P, their panel looks nice to me, if A/P works with approaches I would think about it. More airframe TT than yours though.

I think the no autopilot and high engine time might reduce your price quite a bit, on the other hand what do I know, I’m usually a person looking for a decent deal or something “I believe” I could sell for what I paid for it 3-5 years down the road. I’ve been monitoring the market and a lot of stuff is just sitting for sale or went pending a few times and keeps coming back on the market, also lots of price reductions. I think this stuff comes down to luck.

I think this stuff comes down to luck.

It absolutely does. I had my Piper Cherokee up for sale for $65,000 and couldn't take anything less as I needed that much for the Comanche. I had it online for two months with nothing but tire kickers, one offering me his "rare cat" in exchange for the plane lol. Then, out of nowhere, some guy called, offered full asking price pending him and his cousin who's an airline pilot doing a test flight. They came the next day, took the plane up in the pattern, came back, handed me a money order and took the plane. Two months nothing, then this guy getting the deal done within two days.

It absolutely does. I had my Piper Cherokee up for sale for $65,000 and couldn't take anything less as I needed that much for the Comanche. I had it online for two months with nothing but tire kickers, one offering me his "rare cat" in exchange for the plane lol. Then, out of nowhere, some guy called, offered full asking price pending him and his cousin who's an airline pilot doing a test flight. They came the next day, took the plane up in the pattern, came back, handed me a money order and took the plane. Two months nothing, then this guy getting the deal done within two days.
Was the money order from Nigeria? Sorry had to say it. But that sounds awesome that you sold it so easily. Congrats!

Was the money order from Nigeria? Sorry had to say it. But that sounds awesome that you sold it so easily. Congrats!

Haha. Nope, money ordered cleared my bank account the same day and I paid for the Comanche the very next day, partly with the money received from the Cherokee so was definitely legit. It's been almost a year so someone would be chasing me by now if the money order wasn't legit lol. It's really to show that it comes down to luck. You never know when someone sees your plane and it's exactly what they've been looking for. There were other Cherokees for sale when I sold mine, equally good, some even better, at equal pricing. For some reason, the guy who bought mine really wanted mine. I couldn't negotiate on the price as that's what I needed for the Comanche. My thinking was, if I can't buy the Comanche, I'd rather keep flying the Cherokee so I was locked on the price and my deadline was "until the Comanche is gone" as I had no deposit or anything on it. I had very similar stories with any of the planes I've sold in the past. It also helps to know how to talk and answer questions - not something I've encountered often from sellers when I was buying planes lol.

Back