Six Place Rental near Philly

jcahill84

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Jim C.
I’m a student working towards PPL this summer. Does anyone know of a school or FBO that rents six place singles in the Philly area? I’m looking to do complex and HP after my check ride, and would like to have a place to regularly rent something larger from, to gain experience and build hours while on the way to IFR.

Last edited:
Find a flying club to join. That's probably thr only way to get access to six seats in thr NE.

I'm interested in hearing the responses, as I'm not aware of any options

I have a colleague in Philly that is a member of a club that has a PA32 if you want me to get the name.

Why the focus on six seats? Why not do TAA?

I have a colleague in Philly that is a member of a club that has a PA32 if you want me to get the name.
Thanks, that would be great. Feel free to DM. I’ve looked into DVA already but they have a multi year waiting list.
Why the focus on six seats? Why not do TAA?
I fly at smaller TAA now. I’m looking to build hours and proficiency in something larger so I can eventually fly my family around.

There are places that rent 6-place singles around big cities on the west coast, so I have to imagine something similar is available near you. Be sitting down when you ask the wet rate though, this would be a very expensive way to build time. The rental fbo will also require a dual time checkout that will be longer than you think is reasonable. The cheapest/easiest way to get complex/HP is from the instructor who does your insurance required dual time in whatever airplane you eventually buy. You're going to train on all those systems with them anyway.

Last edited:
It'd probably be easier to find something like a C182RG to rent if you want heavier controls and still in HP/Complex category. The 6-place complex rental can be pretty tough to find. The general flying characteristics of most Comanche/C182/etc. aircraft would translate pretty well to a PA32 or similar. Even a Piper Arrow would probably work just fine for your time building despite not being HP.

Thanks, that would be great. Feel free to DM. I’ve looked into DVA already but they have a multi year waiting list.

I fly at smaller TAA now. I’m looking to build hours and proficiency in something larger so I can eventually fly my family around.
DVA is the one he is in. He doesn't know of another place to fly a 6 seater in Philly.

Chester County Aviation in Coatsville, they have a PA28-235... would that work?

Legacy Aviation in Northeast Philly... I seem to remember they had a Piper Arrow.

Chester County Aviation in Coatsville, they have a PA28-235... would that work?

Legacy Aviation in Northeast Philly... I seem to remember they had a Piper Arrow.
Nice, thanks for the tip. I plan to do my complex training on the legacy arrow.

Back