Possible induction leak

Pfitmx15

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Pfitmx15
Hey gang me again. Just wanted to run some stuff by y’all. I have a piper archer ii and I had noticed I was only making 2200 rpm static when going full power. Poh says that should be 2325. This is with a standard prop which I have. I’ve also noticed that the number 2 egt runs about 90-100 hotter than the others. Cht is pretty much dead on with the others.
Also if not is in the pattern when I increase from a very low power setting I will get a very suttle hiccup and then the power comes back up. Lastly I get no rpm rise on a shutdown with the mixture. Mag checks are good and cruise speeds suggest that the engine is making good power.
Also I checked the rpm with an optical tach and it is actually getting about 2250 static. Looks like my mechanical tach is off 40-50 rpms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check timing, plugs and wires and consider DA when doing the max static run-up. You may need to lean a bit, if DA is higher than sea level. Induction leaks don't usually affect high RPM ops but could be involved with the hesitation you mentioned.

Having an induction leak of the gasket where the induction tube attaches to the cylinder is rather common and a really easy fix.

Back