Plan my trip!!

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
Ok, here's the deal. I have 7 more states to visit before I've been to all 50. One is Alaska, which is not the trip you'll be planning for me - sorry. I need to knock out the New England area. Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Rhode Island.

I'm not a big seafood person, so any lobster-stops won't do anything for me. I'm going to figure a 6-7 day trip for this, with Michigan being the depature point. I probably don't want to fly over Canada, so that's about the only stipulation. Places to see, places to stay (free is always a bonus - LOL).

And the trip will probably take place in September - October. And of course the trip will be made in my Cherokee.

N2212R said:
Ok, here's the deal. I have 7 more states to visit before I've been to all 50. One is Alaska, which is not the trip you'll be planning for me - sorry. I need to knock out the New England area. Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Rhode Island.

I'm not a big seafood person, so any lobster-stops won't do anything for me. I'm going to figure a 6-7 day trip for this, with Michigan being the depature point. I probably don't want to fly over Canada, so that's about the only stipulation. Places to see, places to stay (free is always a bonus - LOL).

And the trip will probably take place in September - October. And of course the trip will be made in my Cherokee.

Gotta go to Nantucket, and Jaffrey. Those are my suggestions. You shouldn't be sorry with either.

N2212R said:

It's probably too late in the season, but Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome (New York) is worth the stop. So is Cooperstown (Baseball HOF).

Sept./Oct will be peak leaf season. BOOK EARLY!

Rutland, VT. should be on the list. Mount Washington, NH, too. Burlington & Vergennes, VT are nice. Slip across the lake to Fort Ticonderoga. I have family roots in Claremont, NH.

Bar Harbor is a must-see. Kennebunkport is a nice New England town.

Boston, make the trip. See a Red Sox game and Fanuel Hall. Lots of history.

For RI, take in Newport.

I always liked the Berkshires in Mass.

Try and go out to Block Island if the winds are not too gusty (which is rare...it's always gusty) :p

Groton, CT is nice and right near the shore. I'm based out of DXR (CT) so come here and say hello!

Back