[NA] Help with gas grill setup

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
I built an outdoor kitchen with 2 propane appliances, a pizza oven and a griddle.
I bought a propane splitter but it turned out it has the wrong fittings on the end of it and no regulator.
BUT. it does have a splitter to go to 2 appliances and inline shutoff valves which are a must.

What I need:
Splitter
Regulator
Inline shutoff (Griddle has a pilot light so if I just want to use the pizza oven, I don't want to be losing gas out the griddle pilot.)

Below is what I bought because I assumed end fittings were universal and I wasn't thinking about the regulator.

00001.jpg

Wrong connection. I am not sure what these style attach to but in my propane and propane accessory history, they have all been different than this

00002.jpg

I don't see a single solution for sale on Amazon. Can I add adapters to these ends and somehow insert a regulator between the tank and this setup or is there a simpler way to get what I am after?

It looks like the hoses you have are 'inverted'. The big end looks like the 'old style' propane tank connection (threads are on the inside of the fitting instead of outside) and the other end would attach to a burner/control valve/regulator/etc.

Hard to tell, but from blowing up the image it looks like the threads on the two outlet ends might be right handed? If so, and based on the two different parts between threaded and non-threaded, I'm wondering if that might be a fitting to simulate a disposable propane cylinder. Guessing.

If that's it, I think you need a different splitter or Y.

Without a size reference for scale, this is just a guess. But it looks from my angle to be designed to screw into the same appliance where you would screw in a small propane bottle.
58ad8a14-9661-4509-91c7-8b3f7faa89ea.d9619ff0aaa2b54f556f25dae68d2ae7.jpeg
2000037883-7.jpg

P.S. I need to get my own Youtube channel going. I have to resort to burning dead trees.

Without a size reference for scale, this is just a guess. But it looks from my angle to be designed to screw into the same appliance where you would screw in a small propane bottle.
58ad8a14-9661-4509-91c7-8b3f7faa89ea.d9619ff0aaa2b54f556f25dae68d2ae7.jpeg
2000037883-7.jpg

P.S. I need to get my own Youtube channel going. I have to resort to burning dead trees.
Yeah, I think that's a hose to run two 1lb bottle appliances off a 25lb cylinder. I use something similar on my Weber Performer grill so I don't have to buy those stupid little bottles, albeit without the tee.

I'd think Texas of all places would have someone to sell you "propane and propane accessories".

Are you sure you need a regulator? I haven't really seen that on appliances made to run off grill tanks, but I've also never seen an outdoor propane pizza oven because I'm apparently not bougie enough.

I have seen adapters going the other way...2lb bottle to 25lb tank...so you could probably use the thing you have if it can't be returned.

Hank Hill here...
That hose like said above is designed to screw into regulators that are part of the appliance, like shown above. So no Regulator needed in that case.
But like you found out that is not what you need I don't think? It would be if your appliances is designed to run off of 1# tanks
I need to see what your wanting to hook up and what and where your supply tank will be located to recommend the right fittings and fuel line. Also need to know the total btu load. Most longer gas lines outside should be metallic so animals can't chew through the gas line.
I don't think you are going find pre made hoses for this deal. Copper tubing, Stainless flex. black iron and flare fittings is what is used most times.

Last edited:
BTU = British Thermal Unit. Like there's no bacon at all in it.

Did not the pizza oven and griddle come with regulators?

If no, you need to know what pressure regulator you need. Generally there are two kinds of regulators (two different pressures) used for outdoor appliances. Most grills (and most home appliances, for that matter) run at 11" WC (water column, about 0.4 psi), but some things with big burners like turkey fryers run at 12 psi. The high pressure regulators are usually painted red. Most outdoor devices have the regulator right at the tank connection.

I've found Propane Warehouse to be a good source of all such related things.

Back