Miracles do happen....

cowman

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Cowman
1,878nm and ~16hrs of flying over the course of a week in an Archer.... VFR. We left almost six days later than planned(I had built in an extra week of flexibility). After we finally departed there were no problems. None. Most of the weather was sky clear, the airplane had no issues.

We had a great time. My wife wants to do it again. Nothing went wrong.... we did multiple really long cross country trips far from home and nothing went wrong. I... I think this is the first time.

:eek:

Loaded for departure at KUIN... IIRC it was overcast-broken around 3000
attachment.php

About 20 minutes in, things got significantly better
attachment.php

We landed in KY and dropped off the puppies with my in-laws and spent the night there.... then the next day... onto Pine Mountain, GA (KPIM) for $3.45/gallon 100LL, then onward.....

FL gulf coast...
attachment.php

Arrival in Crystal River, FL
attachment.php

Don't see this too often...
attachment.php

2 nights in crystal river and onto Sarasota.... this was a fun flight.
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    336.3 KB · Views: 168
Ok I didn't take many aviating pics after the flight along the coast... don't have much for Sarasota. If you guys want to see my vacation pics of flamingos and animals and things up at Bush Gardens I can post 'em up though.

First time into a class C airport. Not terribly overwhelming aside from the $16/night tie-down fee....

A few days later we headed over to KTIX(I'll let you look that one up)....
This was me parked at Bristow Air Center.... nice FBO. They have a parking fee but they waived it for 3 nights with my 11gallon fuel purchase.
attachment.php

Saw another aircraft of sorts...
attachment.php

I'm not normally emotional... but seeing it there like that was kinda sad. I wanted to just grab the nearest NASA employee and demand they get it off that stand and back up into space where it belongs. :(

Aside from NASA, we took an airboat ride... got some gator pics and a lot more NASA visitor center pics if anyone is interested in that....

Then we headed home...

This is the actual ocean... as I am informed by FL people that the gulf isn't the ocean.... as if they know anything.
attachment.php

Familiar landmark in Daytona...
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_0007.jpg
    IMG_0007.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_0008.jpg
    IMG_0008.jpg
    323.9 KB · Views: 159
Good stuff,

I have to admit I prefer the Gulf over the Atlantic. Just my preference though!

How is the overall maintenance?

Ok I didn't take many aviating pics after the flight along the coast... don't have much for Sarasota. If you guys want to see my vacation pics of flamingos and animals and things up at Bush Gardens I can post 'em up though.

First time into a class C airport. Not terribly overwhelming aside from the $16/night tie-down fee....

A few days later we headed over to KTIX(I'll let you look that one up)....
This was me parked at Bristow Air Center.... nice FBO. They have a parking fee but they waived it for 3 nights with my 11gallon fuel purchase.
attachment.php

Saw another aircraft of sorts...
attachment.php

I'm not normally emotional... but seeing it there like that was kinda sad. I wanted to just grab the nearest NASA employee and demand they get it off that stand and back up into space where it belongs. :(

Aside from NASA, we took an airboat ride... got some gator pics and a lot more NASA visitor center pics if anyone is interested in that....

Then we headed home...

This is the actual ocean... as I am informed by FL people that the gulf isn't the ocean.... as if they know anything.
attachment.php

Familiar landmark in Daytona...
attachment.php

Hey don't be so sad about the Space Shuttle, NASA is focusing its efforts on Mars now. They are already in the process of building rockets to go there. We might be able to see it in our lifetimes!

Great pics! I like the paint on your Archer.

Congrats on a great trip,thanks for the pictures.

Great pix, fantastic trip!

Oh, and the Floriduh people don't know jack. The Gulf is an ocean, trust me!
;-)

Back