looking for Aircraft conversion technologies-texas taildragger....

BiffJ

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
BiffJ
I just bought a Cessna 152 Aerobat with the texas taildragger conversion and groundloop damage. The info on the STC seems to no longer be current and I'd like to find the STC holder for drawings to repair the gearbox. Anyone have current contact information. Googling didn't turn up much more than pictures and threads here and there on various boards.

Thanks in advance for any help
Frank

Check with 'oh gasp' the FAA. They should have the current address for the owner of the STC. It may not be the address that is on the certificate that comes up if you search the database.

Check with 'oh gasp' the FAA. They should have the current address for the owner of the STC. It may not be the address that is on the certificate that comes up if you search the database.

Good luck with that one.....FAA has kept track of alot of the older STCs about as well as they have kept track of aircraft registrations over the years.

Usually with something like this, type forums/associations can be the best source. Are there any for the Texas TD?

Thanks Sporty guy....I'll check that number out.
I know the FAA probably doesn't have any current info since they still send mail to an address I haven't been at for 14 years despite numerous address changes since then. They just don't seem to have an interest in keeping things current though we get in trouble if we don't.

Thanks Guys

Frank

Thanks Sporty guy....I'll check that number out.
I know the FAA probably doesn't have any current info since they still send mail to an address I haven't been at for 14 years despite numerous address changes since then. They just don't seem to have an interest in keeping things current though we get in trouble if we don't.

Thanks Guys

Frank

Hey, if you pay them more money, they might care...yeah right!

Tube or flat gear? If it's tube it might be a good time to change it to flat with long legs. A friend had the tube gear and it was slightly less than optimum in many respects.
Good luck,
Dave

It has flat gear and I did get to talk to Harry today. He was pretty helpful but may not have any parts. He says the drawings aren't really much help but that I should be able to get the front and rear bulkheads from Cessna or a junkyard. I don't have the thing apart yet so all I can see is the topside where the prior owners removed the front floor sheet. I can't see any bends in the braces, just the bulkheads and skins top and bottom. I'll have the plane in my shop next week and start drilling rivets and making up some skins....

Thanks again for the help all.

Frank

Guess you have found everything you need by now, if not I've also got a C152 Aerobat with Texas conversion by Aircraft Technologies, I've got the drawings in with the historical paperwork / STC etc. Conversion was done in CA in 1989.

Keen to track down a set of main landing gear for this, flat steel ex C150 up to C150K, mines got some corrosion on top surface.

Rgds
Paul

Paul, I am curious about the TD conversion on your C152 Aerobat done by Aircraft Technologies. I have a C150k with a TD conversion from Aircraft Conversion Technologies Inc done Oct. 1987. I have the STC but none of the drawings. I am looking to have the drawings for my records and to confirm the TD is installed properly according to STC. Are you willing to share?

Back