Hims Psychiatrist Test

LatexCartmen

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
LatexCartmen
Is it absolutely nessicary to go through a HIMS Psychiatric doctor for the evaluation? I am seeming to have trouble scheduling a time with one here in AZ.

Depends on what it’s for. Without more detail - kind of difficult to say. But generally the FAA prefers its own docs and their word over external docs that don’t have anything to do with aviation. But again - this is generally and not for all things

I went through the HIMs Standard Track for ADHD. Once completing that hurdle, I am now being referred to a HIMS Psych for an evaluation - one time anxiety problem in the past.

Well it's a time vs "not a whole lot of difference in cost" sort of deal.
Insurance service psychiatrists have nothing to bill for in an "evaluation " so they decline to do them.

Civilian Forensic psychiatrists use DSM 5 and that may be uselss to the FAA and cost about $3K. Now, if you can present evidence (like a 15 year pharmacy printout) that you have had that one and only episode of anxiety disorder and nothing preceding it (ONCE only in your lifetime) the CAREFUL history of a forensic psychiatrist WOULD be useful to the FAA even if DSM5 (History is history, period).

The HIMS psychiatrist runs about $3,500 usually and he will know how to summarize his report per part 67.

So the answer is, "Maybe".
But the HIMS psychiatrist in Phoenix is VERY VERY excellent (Name starts with an "L"). There is a reason she has a line at her door.

Last edited:
Back