Halloween

bbchien

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bruce C
Ugh! Halloween evening, and we discover our doorbell is burned out. The button stuck frying the coil and the paint above the old chime is DISCOLORED, the solenoid striker melted. VERY lucky we didn't have a fire.

Out to Menards.....on the fly fix.
Lots and lots of kids on the street....

Instruction ME flight earlier today....left inboard fuel drain refused to seal. Switched it out on the spot-....on the fly fix.... sigh.

Last edited:
Likely story. Cheaping out on the T-O-T candy again this year?
Ugh! Halloween evening, and we discover our doorbell is burned out. The button stuck frying the coil and the paint above the old chime is DISCOLORED, the solenoid striker melted. VERY lucky we didn't have a fire.

Out to Menards.....on the fly fix.
Lots and lots of kids on the street....

The wife told me I was NOT to work overtime tonight and I would stay and help her give out candy and try to to keep the dogs from running out every time there was a knock at the door. We had ONE kid come to the door all night. My idiot dogs(and I) didn't hear the knock and she evidently handled it herself.

Only bright side is I now have about 3 lbs of candy to myself.

On a related note, NY finally got smart, all Level 1&2 sex offenders had mandatory meetings with parole from 5-9 pm tonight, to keep them from being home. Good Idea.

mike

We're on a side street with no kids on the block. Nobody ever comes. The last 1-lb back of miniature candy bars we bought lasted about six years, and then we pitched it for staleness. :sigh: But at least the dog doesn't get stirred up.

Rain tonight. Very few kids. Phillies game was delayed so we didn't miss anything.

30 kids tonight. Despite the rain. At least it's not as bad as the neighborhood I lived in at San Antonio.... parents would bus/drive the kids in & I'd go through 500 pieces of candy in 90 -120 minutes.

Spent 4 hours cleaning the yard today, and we've still got 2/3 of the leaves on the trees in our neighborhood.... it's the second time I've cleaned the front yard this year. Need to get a new mower/vac, B&D electric mower has twice now had the blade slice through the plastic bottom deck. Steel-decked gasoline mower, here I come.

There are a TON of acorns - one car looks like it went through a hailstorm.

In the 13 years we've been in our present house I think there's been exactly one kid come by. We have stuff just in case, but wind up eating it ourselves.

It's a quiet nondescript invisible campground on a crystal clear night with a near full moon. It's the perfect temperature to be outdoors, partial snow covered ground lights the world up in a pleasant glow and a light fairly warm breeze.

The only kid here, a rock solid down to earth teenage girl several sites down from me, walked past earlier having that relaxed conversation with her friends that can only be done on nights like this...while enroute to politely raid the nearby village.

Sitting at work -- upgrading some things -- watching the cute girls walk by outside in their slutty outfits.

The last 1-lb back of miniature candy bars we bought lasted about six years, and then we pitched it for staleness.

I've been watching Ron post here for years and now I finally caught him in a huge lie. You are telling us you have untouched chocolate sitting around in the house. For years. :D

Sitting at work -- upgrading some things -- watching the cute girls walk by outside in their slutty outfits.

Jesse gets the best sites of the night award :D

We went to the hockey game and enjoyed all those dressed up for the occasion. Living out in the country means just the neighbor kids stopping by for their annual sweet treat.

I've been watching Ron post here for years and now I finally caught him in a huge lie. You are telling us you have untouched chocolate sitting around in the house. For years. :D
Fran's the chocolate freak, and that stuff in the bag doesn't meet her standards (Godiva, Ghirardelli, etc).

Pics from tonight's party.

Attachments

• WindowDecoration.jpg
    WindowDecoration.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Yard1.jpg
    Yard1.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Yard2.jpg
    Yard2.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Greeter.jpg
    Greeter.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 19
  • ButcherShop1.JPG
    ButcherShop1.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 15
  • ButcherShop2.JPG
    ButcherShop2.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 16
  • ButcherShop3.JPG
    ButcherShop3.JPG
    180.6 KB · Views: 13
  • BBQ.JPG
    BBQ.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 17
  • SpidersForDinner.JPG
    SpidersForDinner.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 15
  • AutoIncident.JPG
    AutoIncident.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 18
Living out in the country means just the neighbor kids stopping by for their annual sweet treat.

Yup; that's my situation. I'm at the near top of a hill, up in the trees, and there are only a ½ dozen houses on the access Private road. The only kids might be if someone's grandchildren happened to be in the area; not likely. I "hit the hay" early yesterday, literally.

Just above my house there's a little building which was there for 20 or so years before this house was built. It's in good condition, has a wood stove inside, a refrigerator(long not working), a long-disconnected electric service meter box outside the upper end, and a long-disconnected telephone box beside the meter box. ????????? Someone had to have lived in it years ago because the past evidence of chickens(similar evidence of small outside chicken wire fence/pen) would indicate that though foul might appreciate heat & lights, same would not have needed telephone service or the refrigerator.

The building has been cleaned -- and steam cleaned, as well -- with new acrylic sheet panes mounted inside the original, existing, window frames.
It's good storage facility for garden hoses, et cetera.

Oh, the hay? Those unidentified kitties which feed on my upper deck might need some shelter when cold weather arrives. So, their other home has been prepared.

After doing a bunch of leaf mulching I caught a photo of the last indication of summer - a solitary new rose on the otherwise yellowed bushes. Yeah; I should have put the leaf mulcher in the garage.

Later, it was another good baseball game. No trick or treaters.

HR

Attachments

• PoA_10.jpg
    PoA_10.jpg
    458.7 KB · Views: 21
  • PoA_11.jpg
    PoA_11.jpg
    502 KB · Views: 22
  • PoA_9.jpg
    PoA_9.jpg
    433.6 KB · Views: 22
  • PoA_8.jpg
    PoA_8.jpg
    558.7 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
I had decent turnout on my previous two neighborhoods. So I closed on a new place and moved in a couple of months ago. I was going to do a regular load this year, but I notice that there is a ton of foot traffic in front of my house on a day-to-day basis, so i got some extra. 1/2 a kitchen trash bag full of candy. And today was forecast to be warm and clear. Good T or T weather.

Now I know how much candy to get next year. ZERO. Absolutely nobody came up my drive. Looked through the neighborhood and there's no groups in costume anywhere.

Anybody want a big bag of candy?

--Carlos V.

I wasn't home tonight but I live pretty much out in the country and I still normally get trick-or-treaters. They come by car. The snow might have put a damper on things this year though.

Our town throws a huge halloween party w/ a parade. Fire Department serves beer and hotdogs to the adults and the merchants handout candy to the kids. Some of the costumes are funny as hell! Gotta love halloween!

We had more kids this year than we had in probably the last 5.
New houses built in the subdivision seemed to pick things up a bit. On my street out of the 10 or so houses only 3 had their lights on. Had to go around the corner and the entire street was lit up.
Grandson about wore me out "lets go to that one grandpa".
I think we hit about 25 houses before I convinced him to head back home. Got home and he convinced his mom and dad to take him out to get the rest.
He turns 5 in two weeks and has WAY to much energy!

Attachments

• photo(2).jpg
    photo(2).jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
I went through almost three bags of candy which is normal for my neighborhood, although I think the rain kept some kids inside, or probably their over-protective parents. :frown2: The costumes seemd unispired this year.

Pics from tonight's party.
How cool! :yes:

I LOVE your new avatar, Dave. It makes me smile. :)

We don't get any kids at the farm...that's one thing I miss about living in the country. Our Halloween was pretty quiet this year. Tom was giving a night-flying lesson and I listened to them on the scanner and they flew over the farm a few times in the light of the almost-full moon. :D

Here is my trick-or-treat photo from the fly-in at Turkey Mountain yesterday. :D Our chauffeur at the aircraft parking area had Halloween candy for us. :D Bill Lynch (the hot air balloon pilot at my birthday party fly-in) was trying to steal my candy. :D It was a great day to fly. :yes:

My airplane went dressed up as a dirty farm airplane that has to cross a muddy ditch to go flying. :redface: When we got home, Malcolm washed the Citabria for me while I sat in the sun and visited with him. Malcolm is very good at washing airplanes. :yes:

Attachments

• Halloween candy at Turkey Mountain (1077 x 808).jpg
    Halloween candy at Turkey Mountain (1077 x 808).jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 32
  • Mud on the strut (1077 x 808).jpg
    Mud on the strut (1077 x 808).jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Mud on the tail (1077 x 808).jpg
    Mud on the tail (1077 x 808).jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 23
We got absolutely crushed by kids this year. About 100 in the first hour of the night. Went through 5 bags of candy (bought 6).

Had one kid (2 years old), come in our house, and say "Mommy, we don't live here" -- priceless.

We also had a gaggle of (I assume) 15 year old girls show up; one was a "naughty nurse". Who in the hell?

Cheers,

-Andrew

I painted their faces... not bad for something I never did before, huh?

Attachments

• kimber_devil.jpg
    kimber_devil.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 18
  • naya_vamp.jpg
    naya_vamp.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 18
Loved your pics and story, Diana.

PS my avatar. Yes. That is what one has left after it is swiped! ;)

"Billy" was dressed in his Dolphins suit.

HR

Attachments

• Billy for Halloween.jpg
    Billy for Halloween.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 24
. . . . seeking the opinion of the line officials.

Attachments

• Billy's for Halloween_2.jpg
    Billy's for Halloween_2.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 21
Wife was out and I didn't feel like dealing with it by my lonesome. Went and saw Astroboy. First year I ever missed.

I think we were up from last year. Probably around 30 kids. Our old neighborhood always numbered in the hundreds. My mother in law ran out of stuff after 190 kids at their house.

We (well I; Leslie was up flying :)) went through about 3.5 bags of candy. Took another bag into work for some kids we had ToT'ing there on Thursday, and ate a half bag myself!:yikes: The costumes this year seemed pretty pathetic for the most part. Especially the teenagers. Apathy. Ah, who cares, anyway!:rolleyes:

How cool! :yes:

I LOVE your new avatar, Dave. It makes me smile. :)

Ditto. It reminds me of by big male siamese cat Turbo. He is my big cuddly bear and loves to sit on my lap. Sometimes when he is really content he will do the special paw dance.

Here in Michigan the annual thing to do at Holloween is stay up for the late news and see how many buildings get burned down in Detroit:mad3:

I was up at 6Y9 yanking the cones and freezing my tush.
I really wish I was at home this year, I'd like to give out ice cream instead of candy. One scoop in each kids bag, wouldn't that be fun:rofl:

Well there you go --- old traditions out the window:rolleyes:
Whats the world coming to.

One more photo....some of us had too much to drink:

Attachments

• Pumpkin.JPG
    Pumpkin.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 21
well duh, they were drinking coors light :vomit:

ruining crown with that lousy beer should make anyone puke.

Back