Got in trouble with the wife for NOT buying plane stuff :-o

TimRF79

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Tim
Traded in my Super Viking for a 182 with wheel pants.
When trying to put the new-to-me plane in the hangar, realized my AC Air Technology tug doesn't fit with the wheel pants. Su my wife had to come out help push in the plane.
First thing she said was:
"Why did not just order the adapter to use your tug?"

Guess, I am shopping today...

She let you buy a first plane. Then another. And she wants you to buy more plane stuff?

She is the chosen one who has been spoken of. One for whom statues are built, and who is written about for sons and daughters in generation to come for inspiration. Strong men weep in private.

My wife and I have a long standing agreement - I don't ever ask her to "help" with the airplane and she doesn't ever ask me to "help" with her horses. So far it seems to be working. We've been married 32 years.

The other day she asked if I would help hang some wallpaper she's thinking about buying...:eek:

My wife and I have a long standing agreement - I don't ever ask her to "help" with the airplane and she doesn't ever ask me to "help" with her horses. So far it seems to be working. We've been married 32 years.

The other day she asked if I would help hang some wallpaper she's thinking about buying...:eek:
Well, it was her helping or me waiting at the airport until someone else showed up...

upload_2021-4-25_16-29-20.jpeg

While my wife isn't a pilot and has no interest in becoming one, she did grow up with an airplane in a hangar behind the house at the farm. She kind of has the attitude of "why wouldn't we have an airplane?".

Does the wallpaper have planes or horses on it?

My wife and I have a long standing agreement - I don't ever ask her to "help" with the airplane and she doesn't ever ask me to "help" with her horses. So far it seems to be working. We've been married 32 years.....:eek:

I dunno, horses are pretty cool. until they start shtting all over the place. other than the sht, they're pretty cool.

I dunno, horses are pretty cool. until they start shtting all over the place. other than the sht, they're pretty cool.

Don’t forget the flies. When you have horses, you have horse flies. Big, nasty buggers.

Traded in my Super Viking for a 182 with wheel pants.

Why in world would you do that?!

My wife _paid_ for our Super Viking with her severence pay when she was laid off a few years ago. Poor me, though. Any time she says "Let's fly somewhere this weekend" I have to do all this research and select a place to go. Such a hard life I have...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My wife _paid_ for our Super Viking with her severence pay when she was laid off a few years ago. Poor me, though. Any time she says "Let's fly somewhere this weekend in my airplane" I have to do all this research and select a place to go. Such a hard life I have...

In the interests of accuracy in reporting I have FTFY.

I'm not there yet. I still have to help with the horses from time to time. :mad:

My gf talked me into doing adsb in and out now instead of delaying it. That was one of the many moments I realized she needs to be more than my gf!

I'm not there yet. I still have to help with the horses from time to time. :mad:

Let me guess...your twin daughters are also horse-crazy too?

She let you buy a first plane. Then another. And she wants you to buy more plane stuff?

She is the chosen one who has been spoken of. One for whom statues are built, and who is written about for sons and daughters in generation to come for inspiration. Strong men weep in private.

Best response of 2021...

I got tired of beeing cramped and hitting my head, which lead to me not enjoy flying.
It became a chore to move the Viking once a month, something i dreaded doing.

I mean I love the handling and performance, but being 6'6" and 270lbs does limit your choice of aircraft

url
Best four wheel drive tug for larger aircraft!

I got tired of beeing cramped and hitting my head, which lead to me not enjoy flying.
It became a chore to move the Viking once a month, something i dreaded doing.

I mean I love the handling and performance, but being 6'6" and 270lbs does limit your choice of aircraft

Yeah, I can see that, particularly the height thing. I'm 6' 2", and my head tends to just brush the top. Vikings can be ... cozy. Hope you sold yours to a good home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
My gf talked me into doing adsb in and out now instead of delaying it. That was one of the many moments I realized she needs to be more than my gf!

Don't mess with a good thing. The rules don't stay the same. :fingerwag:
I noticed before we were married, and still living in our own places, there was "her stuff" and "my stuff". Now it is "her stuff" and "our stuff".
You've been warned. :D

Back