100% T&P va rating and a 1st class medical

Can I get a first class medical?

• Yes or probably

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Absolutely not

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters
And that's a shame because given everything else that obviously happened, you'd kinda be worried if there wasn't GAD.

Setting aside that statement's accuracy, which of the OP's prior diagnoses give you so much concern. I see two, already mentioned that will raise an eyebrow. But sprained pinkies and plantar fasciitis? GERD? It reads like a laundry list of injuries to someone who was in some **** and came out sore all over. I doubt any of the AME's I've been to, including Kramer, would have much concern about any of the musculoskeletal issues other than weight bearing and range of motion.

See post 40…… the Doctor is in the house.

New here guys, I know this topic has been discussed but my case is slightly different. I am a Usmc vet with a 100% total and permanent rating. I’m 2 months from starting a zero to airline 10 month program and I need to know if I have a shot at getting and maintaining a 1st class medical. here are my disabilities.
Disabilities
  1. Right shoulder impingement syndrome and bicipital tendonitis
  2. lumbosacral strain and intervertebral disc syndrome
  3. left heel pain and calcaneal spurs
  4. left ankle sprain and left talus fracture
  5. cervical strain and intervertebral disc syndrome
  6. bilateral plantar fasciitis
  7. right elbow lateral epicondylitis (flexion)
  8. left hip strain (flexion)
  9. left lower extremity sciatica
  10. right hand strain (long finger)
  11. left shoulder impingement syndrome and bicipital tendonitis
  12. right upper extremity cubital tunnel syndrome
  13. right lower extremity radiculopathy
  14. right hip strain (adduction)
  15. right hand strain (ring finger)
  16. generalized anxiety disorder
  17. right hip strain (flexion)
  18. right ankle sprain
  19. right knee patellofemoral pain syndrome
  20. left upper extremity cubital tunnel syndrome and left upper extremity cervical radiculopathy
  21. foreign body matter/right eye
  22. left foot navicular fracture
  23. left knee patellofemoral pain syndrome
  24. left elbow lateral epicondylitis (flexion)
  25. right hand strain (little finger)
  26. tinnitus
  27. gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
  28. right elbow lateral epicondylitis (supination)
  29. left hip strain (adduction)
  30. left elbow lateral epicondylitis (extension)
  31. left elbow lateral epicondylitis (supination)
  32. right hip strain (extension)
  33. left hip strain (extension)

34. I did bold #16 because I think it’s the one I’ll have an issue with. This was diagnosed upon EAS, i was never prescribed any meds for it or told to go see a therapist or anything. In fact I have never been prescribed any drug for any of these, I just take over the counter stuff when I need to. I am currently waiting on a consult with Dr.Kramer in Frisco TX, I’ve heard he’s the best for cases like mine. Any input would be extremely appreciated
I would love to know where are you in the process? Did you consult with Dr. Kramer? Any tips on your journey that you’d like to share?

i understand where youre coming from but i can tell you this. this list makes everything seems WAAAYYY more crazy than it is. it makes it look like im some broken bodied, crippled person that cant do anything. in reality im in my mid 20's, im very active, i go to the gym everyday, i go out on the weekends, i go to college part time, i live a normal like with a little extra pain in my shoulders, knees, hips, and elbows at times, not all at once like a grenade going off.
No idea what your life is really like or whether you are fit for your goal.

I thought I had more physical problems than just about anyone. Apparently I am at least number 2!

I fly myself and my wife, but only when I'm feeling safe. There are many days when I am not good enough to fly. There is no way to predict how I might feel on any given day, so no way to fly for a living.

If you can day that you feel good enough to fly, even on your bad days, then why not?

If this is your passion, you at least have to try.

Good luck, and thank you for your service!

Back