Zululog Free Limitation?

Jaybird180

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Jaybird180
I'm entering my logbook data into ZuluLog and it appears that there's a limitation of 40 entries in the Free version. Is this so or an error somewhere? I don't see it in any of the documentation.

It looks like I was able to export the data into CSV, so at least I didn't lose my work.

Out of curiosity, what are you seeing there that has you selecting Zululog over MFB?

It's in there, just well hidden.

I believe it's 40 aircraft, not 40 log entries. Unless it has changed.

I've flown more than 40 distinct aircraft, so I dumped Zululog for Myflightbook. It was a PITA to import all the flights, despite all the claims. But it works rather nicely afterward. Myflightbook has a lot of useful features, and the price is right. I even use it to keep track of CAP records (many of which do not involve flying as PIC or for any loggable FAA time -- so I have a bunch of flights with zero total time and some nonzero CAP "properties").

Whatever you do, keep two distinct copies, preferably in very different media (i.e., one on paper), so you aren't screwed when the hosting company goes TU. Not if, when. It WILL happen, eventually.

Problem Solved. It seems that the add new flight button moves when you start a new page.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, what are you seeing there that has you selecting Zululog over MFB?

I don't really have a preference either way. I started doing Zululog long time ago, and had some time so I decided to continue entering the data. The ultimate aim is to get it into CSV, so I can do with it as I please.

I believe it's 40 aircraft, not 40 log entries. Unless it has changed.

I've flown more than 40 distinct aircraft, so I dumped Zululog for Myflightbook. It was a PITA to import all the flights, despite all the claims. But it works rather nicely afterward. Myflightbook has a lot of useful features, and the price is right. I even use it to keep track of CAP records (many of which do not involve flying as PIC or for any loggable FAA time -- so I have a bunch of flights with zero total time and some nonzero CAP "properties").

Whatever you do, keep two distinct copies, preferably in very different media (i.e., one on paper), so you aren't screwed when the hosting company goes TU. Not if, when. It WILL happen, eventually.
Was it only due to the aircraft entry limitation? or some other reason?

Was it only due to the aircraft entry limitation? or some other reason?

It was definitely the trigger.

Myflightbook does have some additional features that are rather nice, though.

I went to enter my 41st airplane and got a nasty surprise. I'm sure you can imagine that mean a rather quick transition to something else. It would have meant paying for it if it really were the best thing out there, but it wasn't.

I believe it's 40 aircraft, not 40 log entries. Unless it has changed....

The limitation is 20 aircraft; I just hit the limit. The flight for my 21st aircraft I don't qualify for any loggable time, so it's in my paper logbook just for memory's sake.

Back