Zenith 750 Cruzer CFI

AltitudeAdjustment

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
RCKee
Good Day,

Myself and 2 others are purchasing a 2021 Zenith 750 Cruzer for the purpose of getting 0-1500 flight hours. I am brand new to the industry and appreciate you all being here for tips. We need to find CFI’s that are able to teach in the Zenith. 3 students aggressively building time. Suggestions of his to network or places to find CFI’s for hire?

Good Day,

Myself and 2 others are purchasing a 2021 Zenith 750 Cruzer for the purpose of getting 0-1500 flight hours. I am brand new to the industry and appreciate you all being here for tips.
Dumb question, have you and the 2 others at least have gotten a consultation with an AME for a first class medical before starting this journey?

Also, I would recommend reading the topics under the Medical Topics tab. This way you won't be surprised if something pops up.

Also, in my opinion a Zenith 750 Cruzer is to small of an airplane for 3 people to learn in. Initial ppl training is fine, however the 3 of you would get more benefit going for instrument and greater if the plane can hold at least 3 persons comfortably.

We all have out class one medical.
Dumb question, have you and the 2 others at least have gotten a consultation with an AME for a first class medical before starting this journey?

Also, I would recommend reading the topics under the Medical Topics tab. This way you won't be surprised if something pops up.

Also, in my opinion a Zenith 750 Cruzer is to small of an airplane for 3 people to learn in. Initial ppl training is fine, however the 3 of you would get more benefit going for instrument and greater if the plane can hold at least 3 persons comfortably.
We have our first-class medicals. The fuel and engine maintenance/ replacement cost is a big factor in why we chose this plane. We have a 2-3 year timeline for completion, at that time we sell the plane. Not being able to get our instrument is a drawback.

If you have 1500 hours in a single engine airplane with no instrument rating, no multiengine rating, no turbine time... probably not going to find a job.

We will rent a plane for instrument and multi-engine ratings. I am not familiar with turbine time.

You will still need some time in certified airplanes. But only 200 hrs max. 25 hours multi, 40 or so for instrument. And depending on DPE 20 for private, and 20 for commercial. The remainder can be had in your zenith. Still cheaper than paying a school. But 3 of you at 1200 hours each will be at least one overhaul and a couple sets of cylinders.

Back